Looking for Gold (Bright dense gold color)

washes may well have been used to enhance the golds...the terrain pieces were washed with a green for sure...what combo of wash i have no idea?,

vallejo makes a nice bright gold "Glorious gold" it's very vibrant and goes on well over retributor gold (i use that as a base for golds as it goes on so very well and doesn't require multiple coats to look good) seraphim sepia helps make golds brighter... if you wanted a green tinge i'd used a green shade like Waywatcher green, not a wash as you want to tint the whole colour not just wash the recesses.

that's my 2 cents. did you think to email mini wargaming and ask them who painted them?...

Cheers, MB  

12 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

washes may well have been used to enhance the golds...the terrain pieces were washed with a green for sure...what combo of wash i have no idea?,

vallejo makes a nice bright gold "Glorious gold" it's very vibrant and goes on well over retributor gold (i use that as a base for golds as it goes on so very well and doesn't require multiple coats to look good) seraphim sepia helps make golds brighter... if you wanted a green tinge i'd used a green shade like Waywatcher green, not a wash as you want to tint the whole colour not just wash the recesses.

that's my 2 cents. did you think to email mini wargaming and ask them who painted them?...

Cheers, MB  

Thanks, I guess I will have to email them since I am in love with the color and couldn't reproduce it so far ^^

Looks a lot like a retributor spray (the fact that a lot of the detail isnt picked out suggested its a gold base they then picked out only the key details), with a coat of Reikland gloss wash.  This gives a very bright rich colour.

12 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

Interestingly, the gold on their scenery is generally sprayed/painted green and then drybrushed gold (they explained this on a terrain video).  They paint up so much stuff everything is a shortcut as its all filmed at arms length so you never see they havnt dont all the details on the models or scenery.

8 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

@stato hey thanks for that nugget of info ;) i would guess that could come out looking kinda ok ! 

@JackStreicher - if you mind me asking,what colour combo's have you tried already??...  

cheers MB

I glazed with green - made a glaze  from thraka green and lahmian medium since it‘s the only one I have.

I tried a green basecoat and brushed it with liberator gold.

I made a yellow glaze and applied it on the gold (not bad but the gold loses too much shine)

Archived