Modifiers applying after re-rolls

AaronWilson

Question

Hey guys, just a few questions that I'm sure I know how it works but just want too 100% confirm. So Modifiers apply after you re-roll your dice (if you have the ability to re-roll). 

So for instance

I'm 3+ to hit, with a -1 to hit and allowed to re-roll failed hits. I roll a 2,2,3,4. I am allowed to re-roll the 2,2 as they fail but not allowed to re-roll the 3 as it's a pass. I re-roll the the 2,2. Into a 3, and 5. So I'm left with, 3,3,4,5. My two 3's now miss due to the -1 to hit.

I've got a 2+ save, which I can re-roll failed save rolls. I suffer 4 wounds with -2 rend and I roll a 1,3,4.5 I am allowed to re-roll the 1 but not the 3 as it's a pass. I re-roll the 1 into a 2. So I end with 2,3,4,5. Now my 2 & 3 fail due to the -2. 

I'm 5+ to hit, with +1 to hit and have to to re-roll failed hits. I roll a 2,3,4,5. I re-roll my 2,3,4 because they are misses before the modifier. I re-roll the 2,3,4 into a 2,3,4. Out of my 2,3,4,5 my 4,5 hit because of my +1 modifier.

I'm sure this is how it works, just want to re-affirm. 

2 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Hey guys, just a few questions that I'm sure I know how it works but just want too 100% confirm. So Modifiers apply after you re-roll your dice (if you have the ability to re-roll). 

So for instance

I'm 3+ to hit, with a -1 to hit and allowed to re-roll failed hits. I roll a 2,2,3,4. I am allowed to re-roll the 2,2 as they fail but not allowed to re-roll the 3 as it's a pass. I re-roll the the 2,2. Into a 3, and 5. So I'm left with, 3,3,4,5. My two 3's now miss due to the -1 to hit.

I've got a 2+ save, which I can re-roll failed save rolls. I suffer 4 wounds with -2 rend and I roll a 1,3,4.5 I am allowed to re-roll the 1 but not the 3 as it's a pass. I re-roll the 1 into a 2. So I end with 2,3,4,5. Now my 2 & 3 fail due to the -2. 

I'm 5+ to hit, with +1 to hit and have to to re-roll failed hits. I roll a 2,3,4,5. I re-roll my 2,3,4 because they are misses before the modifier. I re-roll the 2,3,4 into a 2,3,4. Out of my 2,3,4,5 my 4,5 hit because of my +1 modifier.

I'm sure this is how it works, just want to re-affirm. 

Yes that all looks correct.

Your last example 'have to re-roll hits', not sure how many cases there are where you must re-roll, mostly they are optional. But your example is correct if you must re-roll, if it was optional then you would not re-roll the dice that would pass once modifier are applied.

6 minutes ago, stato said:

Yes that all looks correct.

Your last example 'have to re-roll hits', not sure how many cases there are where you must re-roll, mostly they are optional. But your example is correct if you must re-roll, if it was optional then you would not re-roll the dice that would pass once modifier are applied.

Thank you :) 

Archived