Mark of the Favoured LoS Command Trait

Deadkitten

Question

Original Rule:
"Each time this general is selected as the target of an attack in the combat phase, roll a dice.  On a 6+ the attacking unit suffers a mortal wound."
After Errata:
"Each time this general is selected as the target of an attack in the combat phase, roll a dice.  On a 6+ the attacking unit suffers 1 mortal wound after all of its attacks have been resolved."

So if my general is getting attacked by another model with the following melee weapons:

A: 1A 

B: 3A

How many rolls does my general get to make to fish for MWs?  Is it 1 because the General is selected once for all the Attacks, 2 because the general is selected for each weapon, or is it 4 because each attack is allocated separately?  If more dice are rolled then is it 1 MW per 6 rolled or is it 1 MW total?  Does this change if the assaulting unit contains more than 1 model?

1 answer to this question

It seems to me that the only real difference between the two is that the erratum specifies that the mortal wound occurs after all attacks are resolved. Since each attack is technically handled individually, I believe that you roll a dice for each individual attack, and each 6 generates an additional mortal wound to the attacking unit. 

Archived