IJ List

Biasco

Hi guys , played a friend who`s an extremely good tourney player. He ran Tzeetnch .

My list

1: MK

2: 2 WC`s

3: Mega Boss

4: 3 squads Boyz each squad having 10

5; 3 squads of 3 GG`s

6: 2 squads of 5  Brutes

He gave me first turn. After which I was able to double turn him and keep initiative for the remainder of the game.  At one point I was up 21-3 (Focal points mission) , but by the end I would have had no models left. In the end I pulled off a 24-21 squeaker win. The thoughts behind the list was to ignore magic and just throw bodies into the mix. I am thinking of dropping both WC`s and adding a second megaboss.

The way I`m figuring is most spells are roughly around 50/50 to get off. Then with the new 30" they are easier to dispel. So my idea is to take the "magic hits" and keep on WAAGGHING. I would love to have some form of ranged attack but I didn't see anything in the allies that really stood out for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

There's a mirror artefact from hysh, you want it. Whenever an enemy wizard casts a spell on a unit near the bearer they take d3 less damage from the spell.

When you write the list out if you use the notation.

10x10x30 ardboys 

It makes it easier to read your list. So this would be two units of 10 and a unit of 30.

Honestly I want to say try and squeeze in an ironfist or maybe even an ardfist. I'd you can fit a unit of 30 then bring it back that would be bonkers. 

Another option for you is to take a fungoid cave shaman and a malevolent maelstrom. Idea being it will hopefully eat the enemies spells for you and your number of bodies means you can block it from going backwards.

12 hours ago, Biasco said:

Hi guys , played a friend who`s an extremely good tourney player. He ran Tzeetnch .

My list

1: MK

2: 2 WC`s

3: Mega Boss

4: 3 squads Boyz each squad having 10

5; 3 squads of 3 GG`s

6: 2 squads of 5  Brutes

He gave me first turn. After which I was able to double turn him and keep initiative for the remainder of the game.  At one point I was up 21-3 (Focal points mission) , but by the end I would have had no models left. In the end I pulled off a 24-21 squeaker win. The thoughts behind the list was to ignore magic and just throw bodies into the mix. I am thinking of dropping both WC`s and adding a second megaboss.

The way I`m figuring is most spells are roughly around 50/50 to get off. Then with the new 30" they are easier to dispel. So my idea is to take the "magic hits" and keep on WAAGGHING. I would love to have some form of ranged attack but I didn't see anything in the allies that really stood out for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

What was his list?

Archived