How dose the new Retributor blasted to ash work?

BionicRope64

Question

Hello. So thanks to my local toy store, I got Stormcast battletome early.

I won't say much but there's one thing that confuses me a bit.

On the Retributer page the "Blast to ashes" rule which used to be (roll 6+ deal 2 mortal wounds instead of normal damage. Has changed, slightly.

It now reads: Blast to ashes: If the unmodified hit roll for an attack made with a Lighting hammer is a 6, that attack inflicts 2 mortal wounds on the target and the attack sequence ends (do not make a wound or save roll)

Now I might be reading this wrong but. Does the last part (attack sequence) mean you stop rolling or that one roll of a 6 and continue with the other dice results (the hit's that weren't 6) as normal or do all that models attacks just stop, because it's that models attack sequence?

Example if my Retributor Prime makes 3 attacks. resulstto hit are A 2,4,6. Becuase I rolled one 6 and thus generated two mortal wounds. Do I continue making a to wound roll with the "to hit" of 4. Or do I completely stop as that is part of the attack sequence.

I'm probably just reading it wrong. I think it means you stop rolling for that result of 6 (so you don't do two mortal wounds AND two normal wounds for every "to hit" of a 6) but I just want to make sure.

thanks.

4 answers to this question

@stato is right, because the rules for "Making Attacks" (box on page 7 of the 2.0 rules) specifies that "Attacks are resolved one at a time." The attack sequence ends only for the dice that rolled a 6 to hit -- the rest would have been individually resolved, but you're rolling them simultaneously to save time.

16 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

@stato is right, because the rules for "Making Attacks" (box on page 7 of the 2.0 rules) specifies that "Attacks are resolved one at a time." The attack sequence ends only for the dice that rolled a 6 to hit -- the rest would have been individually resolved, but you're rolling them simultaneously to save time.

Thanks for adding detail explanation, i didnt have the reference to hand.

Archived