Best morboy triggering monster?

Izikail

14 hours ago, broche said:

Opponent will want to kill hit to stop his command anyway. it take 44 damage to kill it. It fly and move 12. A giant does mostly nothing. it's still overprice at 160. And it can miss his charge. His best ability now is causing a split unit by snipping a specific model...

I disagree that the Giant does nothing.  Sure, he falls down and fails a charge a small percentage of the time.  For charges of 5” or more most normal units have roughly an 82% chance to succeed and the Giant has a 71% chance.  It is not insignificant, but it is also not a huge probability.

Aside from the fall down chance he hits pretty hard for his cost and size.  He has a lot of attacks, pretty good hit/wound stats, and every attack has rend.  My giant has rarely failed to inflict good damage when he gets into the fight.

I don’t disagree that the orc boss on wyvern is very tough and tanky.  He absolutely is and he is a very excellent model for his cost.  But, my argument in this case is that we are talking about using a monster as a suicide kamikaze bomb so that it will get killed and buff all of our morboys.  A very tanky monster runs exactly counter to that idea.

The command ability is excellent, and so is the mobility of the wyvern boss.  But the foot boss with banner is fast enough to keep up with the morboys and if you want more speed then you can sit him on a boar.

I think that if I am going to invest heavily in morboys to do most of the work for the army then I want to have both the dead-monster +1 to-hit buff and the Waaagh ability stacked when I commit them into combat.  The wyvern boss is only going to get you one or the other.

Now, if we want a durable and mobile hero to toss buffs, pick out targets of opportunity, and hold down positions then I think the Wyvern Boss is probably the best value deal in Destruction.

Archived