Can Chameleon Skinks set up closer than 3" of an enemy?

smucreo

Question

Hello, as the title says, in our gaming group recently this question sprung up after a player decided he wanted to set up the skinks in between some other player's units, which where something like 2" apart from each other. The skinks fit, of course, but the maneuver remained a bit sketchy. He presented us this piece of the faq and compared it to the chameleon skink ability:

image.png.2d6011de26d56377b4fa584e722435a0.png

image.png.a748897bb1e266cd710738b89d7d4e5f.png

So is he right? Can skinks actually appear wherever whenever? This doesn't seem right to me, so I had to ask. If anyone wants a link to the related faqs: 

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/age_of_sigmar_the_rules_en-1.pdf

3 answers to this question

Yes, he can do that with his Chameleon Skinks.

The FAQ has you covered with the last sentence: " Models can set up within 3” of the enemy, even if they are set up in the movement phase, unless noted otherwise." Since the Chameleon Ambush rule does not specify a minimum clear distance, you can set them up as close as base-to-base with the enemy unit if so desired.

1 hour ago, rokapoke said:

Yes, he can do that with his Chameleon Skinks.

The FAQ has you covered with the last sentence: " Models can set up within 3” of the enemy, even if they are set up in the movement phase, unless noted otherwise." Since the Chameleon Ambush rule does not specify a minimum clear distance, you can set them up as close as base-to-base with the enemy unit if so desired.

Of course, I'm assuming you are using base-to-base measurements here.

Archived