How to build LoS

Dracothjay

Guys, I have no trouble I creating lists that work well for me, at all point sized games. However, legion of sacrament has me a bit lost in terms of trying to create something powerful.

i want to try a smaller game with LoS first, 1K to be more specific and excluding Arkhan . 

How would you crate a list and what would u include? EXCLUDING Arkhan.  

I came up with:

white king - general - trait that makes him a wizard - spectral grasp

necromancer - fading vigour (haven’t  decided on artefact yet)

necromancer - overwhelming dread

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

20 grave guard - great wight blades

2 morghast harbingers or archai

1000/1000 points

i understand I would be better Served with skeletons instead of GG, but I haven’t used them post legion of nagash release and really want to give them a whirl.

not a great list, I know, but I strangely like it. I could remove a necro to free up 110 points for some more GG or a screening unit of 10 skeletons, or maybe even another 5 dogs.

im keen on trying this next 1000pt event, VLoZD for chaff clean up, hosts for Mortal wound potential, wraith for some extra chop or drop for another set of dogs

dark acolyte so he is self reliant & Mystic shield himself & signature spell or AP himself & SD to help against shooting

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament

Leaders
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance
- Trait: Dark Acolyte 
- Artefact: Shroud of Darkness 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Necromancer (110)

Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread
Cairn Wraith (60)

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
6 x Spirit Hosts (240)

Total: 970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 61

For 1k, I've been running:

VL on steed, pinions or vile trans

Necromancer, general, mastery of death trait, overwhelming dread

Necromancer, fading vigor

40 spear skellies

10 wolves

6 spirit hosts

Relic has been either shroud of darkness on the general, which has proven risky, or azyrbane standard on the VL, which rocks.

General and other necro are screened by spirit hosts, VL by wolves, everybody gets 3" move in the hero phase within range of the general. 

Run the VL/wolves to an upfield grave site and pull up the skellies. Or the hosts and skellies can be swapped, it's just that hosts are faster, so I've found things work better with them starting on the table.

Maybe not super competitive, but it's manouverable, flexible and surprisingly resilient

17 hours ago, Vortumnas said:

6 spirit hosts

That’s what I switched for morghast:

VL, 2 Necros, 40 skellis, 2x5 wolves, 2morghast...

high mobility, skelli blob a lot of magic...missing a balewind 

3necros, 40skellis, 5wolves, 2morghast and a balewind...that’s going to give you a lot of board control ( sadly don’t own the bwv, no sure if it performs, but OD with +2 on double reach...)

I actually like peerless commander as a command trait, allowing a unit in the grave to pop up out of abgravesite 12” from your general instead of 9. 

Also, if you take dark acolyte on your VLoZD, does that mean you can take both a vamp and death spell ?

Archived