Sylvaneth/drycha base

cranc

I've only been into this hobby for a few months and as I polish off my pre-alarielle army (my first to be completed) by painting drycha I want to put her on a base that really captures the feel of a forest while making her stand out. Below I'll post a picture of where I am so far, drycha is all but done (just need to fine comb any missed detail/paint splodging) and I'm partway there on the base. 

I'm getting cold feet about how the base interacts with drycha. I love the box art so followed it closely which has made the greens more vibrant than the more grungy greens of my other models. As I want drycha to feel like part of the army, I have gone for colour schemes that closely match the rest of the army but I can't decide if it's creating a bit of a clash.

I would really appreciate any input or advice before I make my final move to finish the model.

I've attached a picture of drycha resting on her base with the best lighting I could get in the middle of the night and while not perfect it gives a good picture. The base is mostly based.and washed, just some navy squirmlings and red/navy flitterfuries dotted around the base are still unbased. I've also added a picture of some dryads to give and example of the rest of my army. Do I need to change something or am I over thinking it?

IMG_20180406_012009.jpg

IMG_20180401_223543.jpg

10 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Look really really good! 

How did you do your bases I love them

Thanks!

I just glue some bark bits over the bases, cover with stirland mud/homebrew alternate then paint and drybrush some yellowish greens (deathworld forest, ogryn camo, old citadel golden yellow). yellow on rocks is just ogryn camo drybrush over finished rock then lamenters yellow. final embellishments are just cuttings from random sylvaneth spare parts.

• 7 months later...

Archived