Legions of nagash units, best to worst

Dracothjay

1. Arkhan/VLoZD/Prince
2. Morghasts
3. Spirit Hosts
4. Bulk Skeletons
5. Blood Knights

It's really hard to just point out five units. AoS is all about synergy, maybe except for Stormcasts, where you can compare models 1 to 1 by stats :P

3 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

whats The beat way to run morghast? Say I have 4 harbingers, do I take a unit of 4 or 2x2?

I think that really depends on your playstyle, your opponent and the scenario your playing...

legion of night, (2x2) sneaky objective grabbing, probably better with black knights, but if you charge into a large backline, 1x4 might be the way to go...

legion of blood or if you play against hordes, for LD reduction two units might be more versatile for the extra-debuff...

grand host with the extra attack, 12 attacks with swords or 8 with halberds can be really nice...

running a big unit of 4 really ups the survivabillity and the punch while charging, if the opponent focus fires or strikes first, 12 wounds with a 4+ save can be taken down really easy... I sendededed them in peacemeal (2x2) into a blob (30) of fyreslayers and it went as expected. but if you want to overcharge into hiding heroes behind the force or something like that, smaller units might be better

so, not real answer... depends on the situation. the flying hammer of 4 harbringers with halberds charging into the fray surely is a sight...

4 Morghast w/ Halberds get a huge damage buff by command abilities that let them reroll.

Mannfred can let them reroll 1's to hit and to wound.

VLOZD can choose the morghasts as his target for Command ability - let's them reroll all failed to hit rolls.

I've seen 4 morghast archai, buffed w/ VLOZD one shot Archaon and Alarielle.

Hosts are cheaper than Hex Wraiths but I think people need to start trying the ghost horses again.

Being only 2 wounds means they're easy to regenerate and they put out some decent non-mortal wound attacks.

Of suppose so, bloodknights lost their bloodlines and their standart, while being extremely expensive...with the damage bonus and the regen black knights are on par (imo), maybe not with the legion of bloodbuff, but all else...

19 hours ago, Sception said:

Honestly, i think a ranking of new units should wait for point revisions in the next gh, sing the battle tome put that job off.

I don't see any harm in trying to figure that out now, seeing as it will probably be another 3-5 months.

Archived