Sylvaneth and Allies

aalyeoutnumbered

Question

Good morning all,

I'm new to the forum here but not new to the game and I have a question regarding Sylvaneth and their allies. I know I can use any "order" wizard as part of a Gnarlroot  without having to worry about my wyldwoods killing them but I'm unsure as to if I take an allied race wizard in another battalion (not using Gnarlroot) and cast a spell do I have to then worry about the woods getting angry and do I loose my Sylvaneth allegiance. I know I can have up to 400 points of allies but the rules read a little funny. I was wondering if some of you more experienced players could clear a few of these things up for me please?

Thank you 

5 answers to this question

When you are taking a Wizard in the Gnarlwood Battalion, you can take any Order Wizard you want and the Wizard will count towards the Points of the Sylvaneth not the Allies (because he is part of a Sylvaneth Battalion).

If you want to take a non-Sylvaneth Wizard outside of the battalion, he will count towards the Allies and you can only use Wizards of the Wanderers Faction (after Stormcast Eternals haven't any Wizards yet.

Actually in both cases the Wizard isn't save from the rule of the Sylvaneth Wyldwood, because he doesn't get the SYLVANETH Keyword. He is simlpy ignored in the Gnarlwood Battalion, when you choose your Allegiance rules, so you can choose Sylvaneth.

16 minutes ago, aalyeoutnumbered said:

Ok just one more question then, if I take a wanderer WIZARD for example sisters of the thorn who do not have the SYLVANETH key word , do I loose my sylvaneth allegiance and have to pay for wyldwoods?

Since the Generals Handbook 2017came out, you can have allies that don't need the keyword (those allies are simply igored when choosing an allegiance). The rules are actually found on page 76 of the GH2017, and the pointvalues how many points you can use in your matched Play games are shown in the table on page 75.

Archived