Gotrek and Felix Tribute...

Hello The Internet!

Having read almost all of Gotrek and Felix's adventures, I'm now halfway through "Slayer" (no spoilers please...but I think we all know how it's going to end!). I thought it would be fun to paint a tribute to everyone's favourite dynamic duo (for display purposes only) and have been looking at miniatures that might work. Any scale, and full-body or bust would be fine; really it's detail I'm looking for - and something eye-catching!

I've found a couple possibilities for Gotrek:

dwarf_wild_hunter_bust_01.jpg.459941d635bfe36342aea6c5d9c5a2ce.jpg

dwarf_wild_chieftain_2_01.jpg.5b92ae8d5eaa726f20919905f232852a.jpg

Do you guys have any other suggestions? Any sculpts for Felix you might recommend? 

Thanks a million!

P.S. This might actually be timely, because we've all heard the rumours that a reappearance might be eminent in AoS lore... 

45 minutes ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

Wow that's an incredible model! :o

Scibor models are amazing. They're resin and I think beat GW for detail. The only manufacturer I can think of that does. You should see their other sculpts!

7 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Scibor models are amazing. They're resin and I think beat GW for detail. The only manufacturer I can think of that does. You should see their other sculpts!

So true, eh? I've been perusing their other stuff and found this guy (who's head could totally work for Felix, just need to find a 54mm body with sword and cape...):

elf_54mm_finished_01.jpg.fff0b8dbe6b57deafb57d8a7e5d14123.jpg

Still searching for my Felix, I've cast the net a little further and found some historical models that could have potential:

First, from Pegaso (http://www.pegasomodels.com/productdetails_en.asp?id=1017#)

b2b_PEG_90-070_1.jpg.e5c579e3797d8fbebbfdbcad8ebd53d5.jpg

If I shaved the beard, gave him blond hair and maybe tried to fill the chain-mail on his legs for that classic blue and white-striped Felix special...hmmm, dunno; with the surcoat he's still a little too templary. 

Then I randomly found this company called "Tartar Miniatures" (https://www.tartarminiatures.com/) and found this guy (now bear with me):

5a99ddd6c4d19_Tartarminiatures.jpg.2a6d85752b8096a7f3b04b9b51a64b45.jpg

Okay: highly detailed: check. Sword: check. Eye-catching: check. Painted like brown leather, his grey "jerkin" would even look pretty close to Felix's, AND he's got sculpted stripes on his pants to boot!

Clearly there would be a lot of work involved: hair, for one. Cloak for another. But, I figure, if I have to sculpt something, hair and cloaks are easier than, say, a whole head. Lose the shield and gain a dagger...could work...only problem is,  I can't find it in the "store" section of their website, which is troubling...

Archived