Skaven Warplock Jezzail 'Pavise' ability - seeking clarification

Grimsqueak

Question

Hi - please could I ask for advice/opinions regarding the following rule and the related question I'm posing.  Apologies if this has already been covered on TGA or elsewhere, I have searched but not found anything.

The rule is: "...if the entire unit does not move in your movement phase, it's save is 4+ against enemy shooting attacks until your next movement phase."

And my question is: if my opponent gets the first turn, do my jezzails benefit from the pavise save modifier (because technically they haven't moved yet) or not (because the specific conditions of the rule as stated have not been fulfilled, i.e. I haven't had a movement phase yet)?

We've never really settled it for ourselves and, while it's not a cause of friction, he prefers it being easier to destroy my jezzails in his first turn and my preferences lie in the opposite direction... :D

Thank you very much.

2 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Grimsqueak said:

Hi - please could I ask for advice/opinions regarding the following rule and the related question I'm posing.  Apologies if this has already been covered on TGA or elsewhere, I have searched but not found anything.

The rule is: "...if the entire unit does not move in your movement phase, it's save is 4+ against enemy shooting attacks until your next movement phase."

And my question is: if my opponent gets the first turn, do my jezzails benefit from the pavise save modifier (because technically they haven't moved yet) or not (because the specific conditions of the rule as stated have not been fulfilled, i.e. I haven't had a movement phase yet)?

We've never really settled it for ourselves and, while it's not a cause of friction, he prefers it being easier to destroy my jezzails in his first turn and my preferences lie in the opposite direction... :D

Thank you very much.

The trigger condition is not moving in your movement phase, not "haven't moved yet".

In terms of sequencing, it's an ability that is activated by the trigger condition in your movement phase and lasts until your next movement phase.

As you haven't had a movement phase in which to trigger the ability, I'd say no.

It's like claiming you've activated Inspiring Presence before you've had a hero phase.

Archived