Draft map of the Amber Steppes, Ghur

Greyshadow

I am preparing an Age of Sigmar Narrative campaign that will hopefully kick off later this year and I have decided to set it in Ghur. So far I have read City of Secrets and Spear of Shadows and am very inspired by this amazing setting. The main players will be my brother and myself. The plan is to have four battles per season, with three seasons being played over three years. I have used this format before and it works well for us. Between us we have four legacy collections: a large Bretonnian army, a large Beastmen army, a medium sized Empire army and a large Ogre Kingdoms army. I also have painted up the adversaries from Silver Tower and am working on expanding this into a Disciples of Tzeentch force.

The main story will be about Tzeentch's counter attack in the Amber Steppes with the campaign starting as Tzeentch launches the attack on Excelsis. Rather than focus on Excelsis, the battles will be focused on the Barony of Black marsh, the Mountains of Maraz and the Ghurland plains.

So, the first thing I wanted to do was understand the geography. I've knocked up a quick sketch of the Amber Steppes and surrounds based on fragments from Spear of Shadows and some stuff I found on the net. I did this before I finished Spear of Shadows and I remember thinking at least one thing was wrong as I was reading the book. Do we have any lore experts who might be able to provide corrections or suggestions? (Please note that Hautefort is a Black Marsh city of my own creation.)

I hope everyone is good.

5a90763f94ca7_GhurCampaignMap.jpg.01915e49708dab71014aa1ffaac71251.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived