Help with Tzeentch tactics

josh1989

Hi there, 

I am currently running a 2k points tzeentch list at my local club and having some trouble getting a win with it. I have only been playing a few months so maybe 5 games played with them and i have lost them all. My opponents are running seraphon and stormcast and have been playing a long time. So far my strat is play defensive, bubble wrap my heros in horrors to keep them out of combat and make sure all casters are within 18" of LoC and scribes for buffs then take 2nd turn if possible and hang back and cast spells at them as they move onto the objective. trying to weaken them up before moving in to try and take an objective. I keep 100 summoning points for either a balewind vortex against sereaphon or to use for splitting from blues to brimstones against stormcast. Deploy in 4 blobs against seraphon to keep bastiladon away from too many units and closer together against stomcast. I also try to focus on heros and ranged first. 

My list is attached for you to see,  If anyone has any help on playing this army or list adjustments please post bellow thanks!

2k list.pdf

I'm in trouble... the list seems pretty solid and with a good damage/MW output.

I haven't play Tzeentch since Gh2017 and i olny have doubt about the 9 Skyfire. I'm unsure if they worth their pt cost now. Except that you maybe lack of Brimstone for protect heroes and Pink Horrors. Exchange a Pink unit for 3x10 Brimstone and splitting the Blue into a 3x10 maybe would help you.

But in fact I think is just a matter of experience: with few matches played and confronting always against skilled opps it is normal to have some problems.

Keep it on and modify the list on your own style, Tzeentch is the best Allegiance in the game by far... results will come. :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I see you point on the skyfires, for me they are nice to have as a mobile unit that can operate independently from the main casting hub to take the 2nd objective or flank. If i was to drop them i would go full changehost probably using chariots or screamers to get the mobility. And the splitting i do is from the units of pinks to the blues as they die using fold reality and battleshock to replenish pinks. Then i have 100 points in summoning to either split twice to brims or summon a vortex. I was thinking of removing the herald and having the extra 120 summoning so i can choose if i want to summon him or use it for splitting when i have a vortex. Is this a better use of the points? 

I think your right its just going to take time to learn the start of the army and which pieces of my opponents army i need to take out to disrupt their game plan. And i always kill alot of their guys its just winning the VP's and pitching the right units against each other i loose out on i think. Yea Tzeentch is awesome i love the way they play!

Archived