Critique my 2k Khorne list

Wraith01

I discovered Wargaming with Age of Sigmar a year and a half ago and I started collecting both Stormcast Eternals and Khorne Bloodbound. For my Khorne army I didn't want to use the Bloodcrushers or Skullcrushers, because they don't fit the vision I have for my army. 

Anyway heres my list:

Mighty Lord of Khorne - General, Slaughterborn, Blade of Endless Bloodshed 

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear - Blood Drinker

Skarr Bloodwrath

Bloodsecrator

2 Slaughterpriests - Bronzed Flesh/ Resanguination

10 Blood Warriors - Goreaxe and Gorefist

10 BloodWariors - Goreaxes, 1 Goreglaive

20 Bloodreavers - Reaverblades

20 Bloodreavers - Meatripper Axes

5 Wrathmongers

30 Bloodletters

Battalion - Gore Pilgrims

1930 points.

I also have: Bloodstoker, Exalted Deathbringer, Aspiring Deathbringer, Skullgrinder, Khorgorath, Lord of Chaos, Chaos Sorcerer Lord, 12 Chaos Warriors, 20 Chaos Marauders, 5 Chaos Knights and a Chaos Chariot.  

What do you think? Any recommendations/ suggested alterations? 

Looks pretty good to me. It might be better to trade the blood letters for the chaos knights since you already have quite a lot of infantry with the reavers and blood warriors. I personally take an Aspiring death bringer as my general because most people I play have melee heavy armies so I usually have little issue getting in combat. I also take meat ripper axes on all my bloodreavers, I know the starter set reavers are not modeled with them but I have not met anyone who has an issue with it.

50 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Looks pretty good to me. It might be better to trade the blood letters for the chaos knights since you already have quite a lot of infantry with the reavers and blood warriors. I personally take an Aspiring death bringer as my general because most people I play have melee heavy armies so I usually have little issue getting in combat. I also take meat ripper axes on all my bloodreavers, I know the starter set reavers are not modeled with them but I have not met anyone who has an issue with it.

I'll play a game with Chaos Knights instead of the BloodLetters to see how it goes.

At my Local Store we usually play WYSIWYG, but I suppose I could mix the Bloodreaver units up and see... 

Yeah, The Aspiring Deathbringer has a great command ability! I usually use the Mighty Lord of Khorne because his ability reaches further, affects 3 units, and I'm usually up against shooty armies.

Thanks for the comments.

23 minutes ago, Wraith01 said:

Yeah, The Aspiring Deathbringer has a great command ability! I usually use the Mighty Lord of Khorne because his ability reaches further, affects 3 units, and I'm usually up against shooty armies.

You could always include the Aspiring Deathbringer as your general and still use the Mighty Lord of Khorne's command ability by spending one bloodtithe point. This also applies to using the Exhaulted Deathbringer's command ability as well. Can be useful in certain situations and often gets forgotten.

Nice army list, the only thing I would change would be to swap out Skarr for another Slaughtpriest (admittedly, you'd need to buy as didn't see in your list)  to make the most of GorePilgrims. If surrounded by enemies Skarr can do well but its very situational, great if playing skaven, goblins etc.

2 hours ago, Thomas E said:

You could always include the Aspiring Deathbringer as your general and still use the Mighty Lord of Khorne's command ability by spending one bloodtithe point. This also applies to using the Exhaulted Deathbringer's command ability as well. Can be useful in certain situations and often gets forgotten.

Nice army list, the only thing I would change would be to swap out Skarr for another Slaughtpriest (admittedly, you'd need to buy as didn't see in your list)  to make the most of GorePilgrims. If surrounded by enemies Skarr can do well but its very situational, great if playing skaven, goblins etc.

Yeah, I only have 2 Slaughterpriests at the moment. With one more I could run the Gorechosen Battalion... 

Archived