Knight of Shrouds / nighthaunt

Lord Krell

I love the new miniature and what the command ability can do for nighthaunt units.

But seeing that there is no way nighthaunt gets linked to a mortarch, and that the black coach and any of the other night haunt heroes lack the deathly invocation ability, it seems a bit less usefull to me running a pure nighthaunt army, and beeing a new nighthaunt hero, he should imo, be able to make the faction work.

I would love to see the command ability Spectral overseer set as normal ability, like the Saurus eternity wardens Alpha warden ability, looking something like this

"Spectral overseer" ability,

In the combat phase of this turn, add 1 to hit rolls for friendly Nighthaunt units while they are within 6" of the Knight of Shrouds.

and please add deathly invocation as a second ability for 1 or 2 units.

if you feel he's too OP with 3 abilities total remove the sword of stolen hours...

best regards,

Lord Krell

Same thoughts here.  

He seems a bit underwhelming on paper, and compared to the black coach, he has less innate mechanics to validate his points cost of 120. Though, I'm looking at it in the absence of the Malign Portents rules (still havent gotten the campaign book yet), so maybe some things there do justify him being the most expensive Harbringer.

Though I do agree Frightful Touch should have been stock standard for him....though would like to add that Stolen Hours should have been "when he slays a model/s in combat, he heals 1". He's fragile enough to warrant at least a boost in power.

Nighthaunt Allegiance not being in Legion of Nagash makes me sad...though hoping theres a separate Nighthaunt book to warrant it? (maybe? Not holding my breath :P)

Archived