Stormcast Eternals for Malign portents

Leonhart040

Hi people, 

I just painted a homebrew start collecting (our local shop let us choose to buy one or make an equivalent with other units) consisting of a Lord-Castellant, 10 Liberators and 5 Retributors. I'm planning to add, apart from the Lord-Ordinator, 5 more Liberators, 5 Judicators and, allied, a Repeater bolt thrower.

In further games I'd like to use my Lord-Celestant on dracoth, and maybe buy a Lord-Celestant on stardrake (because I want to paint it, and it seem a pretty good miniature ingame). How can I make a decent list with all this? My limit is 2000 points and I also have some more Judicators, Retributors, 6 Prosecutors, a Lord-Celestant on foot and a Lord-Relictor.

Thank you!

I don't know much about Stormcast stuff, but I'd look at allying in a couple of extra bolt throwers at 2,000 points to fully take advantage of the Lord-Ordinator's rules. ;) 

Mirror Shield and Staunch Defender seems to be the go to artefact/command trait combo for keeping a Stardrake alive, but if you wanted to run the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth as your general (with Consummate Commander as a command trait to ensure that both he and the Lord-Ordinator can use their excellent command abilities), the Lord-Castellant's Lantern should provide a decent sub for Staunch Defender on the Stardrake.

Be sure to model your Judicators with javelins if they're not the starter set ones, to give your Judicators bows and to stick a shield on your Celestant on dracoth!

23 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

I don't know much about Stormcast stuff, but I'd look at allying in a couple of extra bolt throwers at 2,000 points to fully take advantage of the Lord-Ordinator's rules. ;) 

That's the idea, I have an old-old-old school bolt thrower ready to be painted and a plastic one :D

23 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Be sure to model your Judicators with javelins if they're not the starter set ones, to give your Judicators bows and to stick a shield on your Celestant on dracoth!

That's exactly how they are built (I suppose the ones you meant with javelins are the prosecutors).

The thing is, a Stardrake is very expensive, in € and in point cost, and I don't know if it would be better to use this points to fill in another unit. 

6 hours ago, Leonhart040 said:

That's the idea, I have an old-old-old school bolt thrower ready to be painted and a plastic one :D

That's exactly how they are built (I suppose the ones you meant with javelins are the prosecutors).

The thing is, a Stardrake is very expensive, in € and in point cost, and I don't know if it would be better to use this points to fill in another unit. 

Yep, totally meant Prosecutors! :$ :D 

The Stardrake's very expensive on both fronts, but can definitely be made to work with the Mirrorshield and the right supporting units. I have very little experience with them so you might want to have a look at/ask around in the Stormcast thread on this board. :) 

Archived