Starting out with Stormcasts

Redbaron

Hello,

I've recently been nearing the end on collecting my current army (Darkling Covens) and was pondering what to do next, to broaden my collection. As it turns out, my wife bought me a present out of the blue when she heard me mention the Stormcast Eternals: the SE battletome book and the 'Start Collecting' box! I am now reading away to learn more, but thought asking on here might be a good idea: what is the best way to get up and running with a decent army asap? It's not competitive but I'd like it to be powerful and thematic. I had also a hankering for a good, centrepiece model to paint sometime, so that might also be worth including. I shall let you know how I am doing once I've read more of the book, but any hints and tips on buying and organising would be handy (I gather the base AoS starter set contains a lot of handy models, for example?) 

thanks in advance!

From what I see of the basic sets, the AoS base set gives more 'conventional' battle models like the liberators etc, while the Blightwar set favours more of the vanguard fast-and-mobile troops. Based on nothing more than personal taste over the paint scheme I quite like the Anvils of the Heldenhammer. I'll look into them a bit more. From battalion Warscrolls they seem to want liberators and judicators first and foremost. 

Archived