Kitbash help

SolarBur

Hi all

So I'm wanting to make up some yhetee's with the vargheists plastic kit. Mixing up the vargheist bodies with the crypt horror arms. Gives the look of these lean charging beasts with wild fur on their backs. Or my other option was to paint up the hair on their backs to look like pillars of ice jutting from their bodies, not sure on this one but its an idea ^^;;;

But the thing i'm struggling with is the heads, i'm not sure what to do about them. I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas about what heads might make good fit for them to be a bit more yhetee like. i don't mind spending a little to order in some extra parts. Thanks for reading ^^

Would sculpting a bit of fur on them be an option? Fur is probably the easiest texture to sculpt using greenstuff and it might be just the thing to make the crypt horror heads look the part.

Or Orruk heads with the ears trimmed of and covered with fur like this guy did:  http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108783 Would give them more of a bigfoot feel.

I'm also kitbashing yhetees, but I am still waiting for one Clawed Fiend from 40K to see how it fits. So I cannot say for sure, but I will try  three options:

-vargheist head (and cut the top and chin a bit to make it more rounded)

-orruk head with some greenstuff (like the one Nutty linked)

-just greenstuff the original head a bit

21 hours ago, Nutty said:

Would sculpting a bit of fur on them be an option? Fur is probably the easiest texture to sculpt using greenstuff and it might be just the thing to make the crypt horror heads look the part.

Or Orruk heads with the ears trimmed of and covered with fur like this guy did:  http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108783 Would give them more of a bigfoot feel.

I problem am going to try to sculpt more fur onto them, just patch of it in places, because i don't have the technical skill (or the patience) to sit down and attempt a full body fur sculpt ^^:;

I saw that a while back, those were really cool, shame they didn't continue with it more. I have plenty of bonesplitter heads around, so i can try a couple of bluetac fits with them. 

21 hours ago, Kessler said:

I'm also kitbashing yhetees, but I am still waiting for one Clawed Fiend from 40K to see how it fits. So I cannot say for sure, but I will try  three options:

-vargheist head (and cut the top and chin a bit to make it more rounded)

-orruk head with some greenstuff (like the one Nutty linked)

-just greenstuff the original head a bit

i forgot about that model, really nice one. 

well looks like i will have to go to my local gw and see if they can give me a lesson or two in sculpting some fur. 

Just another idea, but what about skull heads ? 

I've got a pack of skulls around somewhere, and probably some gutbuster banner skulls around. 

hmmmm... will finish building the bodies first and then see what i've got around the bits box

Archived