Sloth

Hello everyone, as an former fantasy battle player who first attempted to bring over Ogres into AoS to then proceed to get butchered more often than not with recent changes I've been looking to other projects. While experimenting with some of the newer/updated stuff at smaller point values I got to looking at another one of my pre-AoS passion projects, and got to thinking if it wouldn't be terrible to try and bring them up to the new system until I find something with more support. The lack of any battle-tome and splintering of them into various little groups  was a bit daunting at first, but I ultimately got to thinking of a few lists I could try/change about before either finding an army or re-basing, if necessary when I play with friends it not a big deal but a few shops around here seem to prefer round bases for their events.  Open to any suggestions/critics,  although I would prefer to stick to aelves if for looks than anything else. 

List One - Dragon Lord

Some of my friends actually suggested Dragonlord host as I was loosing heart in my Ogres, so was the first thing to come to mind. The phoenix was for its defensive aura, we do have a KO player so while it may not be the be all end all figure it would help the list endure her opening barrages. Loremaster was exactly the points needed to reach 2k, mystic shield. Not one hundred percent on the choice but figured  it fit and some magic support was needed, I have both models but using the one on horse of this list. The regiments divided as they are to meet battle-line and battalion requirements. Not sure if its better to run the other two as ten or to spit them. Like I mentioned before, it can't really shoot so kind of relaying on the movement and defensive bonuses to endure gunlines. 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Order  Draconis

Leaders
Dragonlord (340)
- General
- War Horn & Dragon Lance
Dragon Noble (100)
- Phoenix Banner
Dragonlord (340)
- Shield & Dragon Lance
Loremaster (100)

- Allies
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (240)
- Allies
Battleline
10 x Dragon Blades (280)
10 x Dragon Blades (280)
5 x Dragon Blades (140)

Battalions
Dragonlord Host (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 340/ 400
Wounds: 100

List 2 - Pheonix

A more defensive minded list, with the guard's and blizzard aura. Loremaster again for the magic support, plus the added durability to the Flamespyre. Bolthrower was brought for ranged capabilities, plan to keep it way back to avoid loosing the crew. Less mobile than the other list but I believe it is more durable? The other question I have was if anyone has used the battalion, and if so is it worth the points? The two hundred could be used on other things, and as is I'm not one hundred percent on the Anointed on Pheonix counting as the requirement for both an Anointed and one of the Pheonix. If I did drop the battalion would likely replace put another Anointed on  the Flamespyre or swap it for another Anointed on Frostheart. Have idea but nothing concrete for the points it would free up. 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Phoenix Temple

Leaders

- General
Loremaster (100)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)

Behemoths
Flamespyre Phoenix (240)

War Machines
Highborn Repeater Bolt Thrower (120)
- Allies

Battalions
Spyreheart Warhost (200)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 220 / 400
Wounds: 105

List 3 - Jack of All Trades

Not a whole lot to say about this one that wouldn't be repeating what I've mentioned previously about certain unit choices, the Loremaster as a cheap mage, blizzard aura etc. Compendium is fine around her so not super worried about the majority of the list being compendium. However I'm not sure if the combination of different elements makes up for the lack of synergy found with the faction keyword combos used to buff the battlelines of the other two lists, and everything being a drop opposed to the battalions of the others ones. Maybe the higher body/wound count would make up for it slightly? 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
- General
Loremaster (100)

Battleline
30 x Highborn Spearmen (240)
30 x Highborn Spearmen (240)
10 x Reavers (320)

Units
30 x Highborn Archers (300)
20 x Phoenix Guard (320)

War Machines

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 159

Units I have but not using include the odd ten or so additional units of most none artillery/behemoth/leaders. The mage on dragon, archamage, and swords guard, probably enough to make a seperate Eltrich Council list, but wasn't sure on allies. Coupled with a lack of command abilities like the Anointed and Dragonlords have, battalions, it all resulted in me giving up on that idea for the moment. Other formerly high elf factions, I have some thirtyish lion rangers and a chariot, and odds and ends from the swifthawk, the most of note being ten reavers I think. Thank you for anyone who put up with the big post, I appreciate any and all feedback. 

Archived