Help 1500 Nurgle List

Ecko

Hi guys, i post here my list for a  little tournament at my local store and i need advices. It's 1500 points and only 2 battlelines required, everything else is by the book ! I will mainly play against Death lists and i want to play a good list but not full competitive to keep the fun in ! 

Ecko - Allegiance: Moggotkin of Nurgle

Leaders
Gutrot Spume (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Resilient 
- Artefact : The Witherstave 
Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Malignance : Blades of Putrefaction
Great Unclean One (340)
- Lore of Virulence : Sumptuous Pestilence

Units
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)

Total: 1460 / 1500
Wounds: 110

One unit of 5 PB with Grutrot to flank turn 1 and the other unit of 10 PB, buffed by the Sorcerer and the Harbinger with his nice bubble, rushing with the GUO (bell and Bileblade) straight forward. The PG are there for rushing objective and support where needed.  Was thinking of replacing the Sorcerer for a Sorcerer Lord of Chaos marked Nurgle, for 40 points (that i loose anyway if i don't spend them) i have a reroll 1 on saves for the 10 PB but he will loose the ignore wounds rule of the Harbinger (since he doesn't have the rotbringer key word) and can be more vulnerable.

What do you think of this ? 

A few thoughts: I am not convinced that giving the 5++ ward save to one unit of blightkings is worth having the harbinger be the general. You could give them all one extra attack with the GUO command (generating 10 extra attacks.. leading to 1.7 more 6's to hit). Also if you do go with the CSL (which is a good idea) giving them the ability to re-roll ones to hit wound and save would be exponentially beneficial. And also help buff their durability since you lost the 5++ save. This also gives you 160 points to play with!

Thx for your reply ! 

I can't use the GUO command ability on the Blightkings because they don't have the deamon keyword so they can't benefit from the +1 attack (could do it with The Glottkin though but it cost too much points).

10 Blightkingd is a 41 wounds unit and can have a huge impact offensively if buffed correctly, i thought it was worth it to gave them the 5++ ; that plus the potential heals from the GUO spell can make this unit really hard to deal with. They will move 7" (4" + 3")  + D6 +1 for the run and charge 2D6 +1 if a tree is well placed and dish out 30 attacks.

Futhermore, i just realised that i can't cast Blades of putrification with the CSL because he doesn't have the rotbringer keyword ! Need to run a Sorcerer or Festus that can heal out some wounds and even cast his debuff spell if BoP is not needed.

For my GUO,i was thinking bell/flail for the move buff is too good to pass and i need my big unit and the rest to move fast forward so Gutrot or the other Blightkings don't stay on they own too long. But Rotigus is bringing a lot of MW too ... ! 

2 hours ago, Ecko said:

Thx for your reply ! 

I can't use the GUO command ability on the Blightkings because they don't have the deamon keyword so they can't benefit from the +1 attack (could do it with The Glottkin though but it cost too much points).

10 Blightkingd is a 41 wounds unit and can have a huge impact offensively if buffed correctly, i thought it was worth it to gave them the 5++ ; that plus the potential heals from the GUO spell can make this unit really hard to deal with. They will move 7" (4" + 3")  + D6 +1 for the run and charge 2D6 +1 if a tree is well placed and dish out 30 attacks.

Futhermore, i just realised that i can't cast Blades of putrification with the CSL because he doesn't have the rotbringer keyword ! Need to run a Sorcerer or Festus that can heal out some wounds and even cast his debuff spell if BoP is not needed.

For my GUO,i was thinking bell/flail for the move buff is too good to pass and i need my big unit and the rest to move fast forward so Gutrot or the other Blightkings don't stay on they own too long. But Rotigus is bringing a lot of MW too ... ! 

You are right. Ok so keep HoD. Maybe consider the muttergrub on the rotbringer sorc so he can cast two spells. (blades and foul regenisis or mystic or arcane bolt)

15 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

You are right. Ok so keep HoD. Maybe consider the muttergrub on the rotbringer sorc so he can cast two spells. (blades and foul regenisis or mystic or arcane bolt)

Yes that could work good ! That or take Festus and give The Endless Gift to the GUO with bell/bileblade so he can cast/unbind like a boss and still heal out wounds like hell (2 D3 each hero phase and every wounds lost during the round potentially negated on a 4+ in Bravery phase !). But i loose a spell and have to cast Foul Regenesis with the GUO (exept 1st turn where i don't need BoP).

I was thinking Resilient as command trait for the HoD, the others seems meh ... ! Toughts ?

Archived