Deathlords

lare2

Quick question: deathlords army, 3 battleline units... 2 units of archai and 1 of harbingers. Am I allowed to start the game with only the archai on the board and summon the harbingers? Or must the harbingers start on the board to meet the 3 requirement?

Other armies happily have battleline starting off board but... you know... summoning.

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, lare2 said:

Quick question: deathlords army, 3 battleline units... 2 units of archai and 1 of harbingers. Am I allowed to start the game with only the archai on the board and summon the harbingers? Or must the harbingers start on the board to meet the 3 requirement?

Other armies happily have battleline starting off board but... you know... summoning.

Thanks in advance. 

Reserve points (which you use for summoning) are non-specified until you actually summon a unit. This means if you are planning to summon your Marghasts, they do not exist in your list until summoned. Therefore they would not meet your minimum requirements.

Death has methods of holding certain units in reserve (such as Wraith Fleet, or Nighthaunt Allegiance abilities), but Deathlords have access to no such thing I can think of.

19 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

Reserve points (which you use for summoning) are non-specified until you actually summon a unit. This means if you are planning to summon your Marghasts, they do not exist in your list until summoned. Therefore they would not meet your minimum requirements.

Death has methods of holding certain units in reserve (such as Wraith Fleet, or Nighthaunt Allegiance abilities), but Deathlords have access to no such thing I can think of.

Thanks for clearing that up - that's what I feared. 

Archived