GW Deck Guides

Rodiger

I haven't seen this posted here so I thought I'd put it up, if it is in a different thread I missed then sorry for a duplication. This is a god send for me, I nearly came on here the other day asking for advice on this very thing. I bought all of Shadespire when it was released but haven't had much chance to play it, even though I'd like to work all this out myself, the real world gets in the way.  Just being able to make a couple of optimised decks for me and my friend to play with, without us both doing a lot head scratching and just going with random cards is brilliant. 

https://warhammerunderworlds.com/deck-guides/

Remember that they’re not so much optimised as a good starting point. People have done well with those decks when they built them with a specific idea of how to use them. That means that while they’re certainly good reference as you’re trying to first build a deck, you’ll still want to tinker with them to optimise how you yourself are going to play. 

9 minutes ago, Dave Fraser said:

I hate the stormcast deck on that site.  The objectives in the deck encourage a dull/non-engagement game which with sensible play is relatively easy to counter with a balanced deck.

Do you want to elaborate, there are 4 deck build options for Steelhearts champions on the site.

I didn't have the best of time with the deck I chose today, 'Brutal but a Bit Kunnin'. I'm not blaming the deck build, I've hardly played the game and it was the first time trying Ironskull's boys. I drew objectives to kill the enemy leader, tried to but failed, my leader died, then drew all the power cards targeted at my leader, called it after turn two, when I drew  objective cards that were impossible to achieve and my opponent had an unassailable lead. I'll try a different one next time, I'd like to develop my own deck to compliment my sort of style, but I probably won't get another game in for a month of so. 

11 hours ago, Dave Fraser said:

Weather the storm was the Steelhearts Champion deck I meant, the first one it opens up with. 

What do you find counters it?  I've fought it a couple times with my aggressive SCE deck, and even if you can score conquest, denial and contained at the end (which is sometimes difficult if they have sprint in their deck and save it), the combo shardcallers, tac supremacy and the keys can often generate a lot of glory.  Not to mention such objs like sigmars bulwark, bloodless, consecrated area, immovable object and determined defender.

Sure you can use Distraction to push them off, but they can just use shifting shards/sidestep right back.  If they are smart with placement you can't ****** them with shifting shards.  Tho shardfall can always stall them a turn.

12 hours ago, CodFather said:

What do you find counters it?  I've fought it a couple times with my aggressive SCE deck, and even if you can score conquest, denial and contained at the end (which is sometimes difficult if they have sprint in their deck and save it), the combo shardcallers, tac supremacy and the keys can often generate a lot of glory.  Not to mention such objs like sigmars bulwark, bloodless, consecrated area, immovable object and determined defender.

Sure you can use Distraction to push them off, but they can just use shifting shards/sidestep right back.  If they are smart with placement you can't ****** them with shifting shards.  Tho shardfall can always stall them a turn.

Obviously depends on board setup too.  If it's longways then you can block them from being able to counter denial/contained and play to stall them out but actually what I'd do is get hyper agressive and take the fight entirely to them.  Remember even defended attacks (unless they crit when you don't) allow pushbacks and if you've an agressive deck you should have the ability to put hurt on them more easily than them you.

If you win turn rolls don't give them that opportunity for a last activiation sprint to your zone by always having the last go and keeping brightshield as a sweeper to push them off.

Having a balanced deck with some objectives in it and keys also allows you to conter some of their scoring.

Here is the deck I've been running and I find it gives me the options to counter the entirely stand off defensive deck.

Archived