Tzeentch Army list

Electronaut

I have been out of table top gaming for years and haven’t Played since WHF 5th edition. I have recently been considering getting back into the table top scene and enjoy the look and play style of Tzeentch.

I was thinking about a 2k point list from battle reports I have read and watched, and I would really like some feed back.

Heros:

Lord of Change (300pts)

-Magical Supremacy 

-Wellspring of Arcane Might

-Tzeentch’s Firestorm

The Blue Scribes (120pts)

-Bolt of Tzeentch

Herald Of Tzeentch (120pts)

-Ritual Dagger

-Aspect of Tzeentch

-Treason of Tzeentch

Gaunt Summoner (120pts)

-Souldraught

-Glimpse the Future

Tzaangor Shaman (160pts)

-Aura of Mutability 

Units:

Pink Horrors x 20 (240pts)

-Bolt of Tzeentch

Pink Horrors x 10 (120pts)

-Bolt of Tzeentch

-Arcane Transformation 

Tzaangor Skyfires x 9 (600pts)

Balewind Vortex (100pts)

Feel free to be brutally honest. I am getting back into this for fun but I strive to get the most out of my armies as well.

8 hours ago, Electronaut said:

I have been out of table top gaming for years and haven’t Played since WHF 5th edition. I have recently been considering getting back into the table top scene and enjoy the look and play style of Tzeentch.

I was thinking about a 2k point list from battle reports I have read and watched, and I would really like some feed back.

Heros:

Lord of Change (300pts)

-Magical Supremacy 

-Wellspring of Arcane Might

-Tzeentch’s Firestorm

The Blue Scribes (120pts)

-Bolt of Tzeentch

Herald Of Tzeentch (120pts)

-Ritual Dagger

-Aspect of Tzeentch

-Treason of Tzeentch

Gaunt Summoner (120pts)

-Souldraught

-Glimpse the Future

Tzaangor Shaman (160pts)

-Aura of Mutability 

Units:

Pink Horrors x 20 (240pts)

-Bolt of Tzeentch

-Bolt of Tzeentch

-Arcane Transformation 

Tzaangor Skyfires x 9 (600pts)

Balewind Vortex (100pts)

Feel free to be brutally honest. I am getting back into this for fun but I strive to get the most out of my armies as well.

I like this list I am not a big fan of the herald if you have 20pts spare try fit in the changling as he can lead to some shinangans :)

I've run pretty similar lists all through 2017, it's definitely really nasty. Note that if you're playing in a more relaxed environment outside of tournaments, I'd probably suggest toning it down a bit as you will crush non-tourney armies!

With that in mind...

I'd cut down the unit of 20 horrosr down to 10, as there's not much advantage to the big unit. I'd also get rid of herald - he can be great but he's better as a summonable tool IMO.

I'd leave most of the points you save as part of your summoning pool - with this you can have some flexibility (e.g. herald if you need it, blues + brimstones to help bog down enemy or keep a hold of objectives, etc.). I'd usaully leave around 280 points for balewind + horrors/other options.

As mentioned above, the changeling is also a very sound bet as it's great disrupting the enemy's plans.

Archived