2k Stormcast List help - 1st Tournament - Short notice

SuperKick

Hey folks, 

So I signed up for my 1st small tournament and need to submit my list by tomorrow evening. 

Its 2k and I'll be bringing my Stormcast, I have a bits and bobs type army and generally just take whatever normally as I play open war cards against the same friend each time I've played. 
Got the book in front of my now and I'm trying to come up with a somewhat competitive list. The game is this weekend so I don't have much time to add anything unless it was something small. Any help from you wonderful lot would be awesome. 

The models I own

Heros:
LCOD
LCOF
X2 Relictors
Heraldor 
Vexillor
Questor 
Azryos
Venator

Units: 
5 Liberators (3 grandblades) x3 
5 Judicators (2 shockbolt bows) x2
5 Retributors (2 starsoul)
5 Protectors 
3 Prosecutors with hammers 
2 Consussors 
7 Gryph Hounds 

I'm struggling to pin down a list, I'm toying with hammerstrike or warrior brotherhood but i'm concerned that the min paladins will lack punch. I'm wondering if its worth taking a battlion at all. 

I think LCOD with Mirrorshield will be in the list, relictor lightening carriot and probably try to get all the paladins and concussors in. Maybe double relictor with lightening but again thats a risk. 

Anyhow i'm trying to crunch something out, let me know if you have any thoughts. 

Something like this could work:

Allegiance: Order
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender  
- Artefact: Mirrorshield  
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Knight-Heraldor (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
2 x Concussors (280)
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
5 x Paladin Protectors (200)
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106

i have to say that i dont like concussors, fulminators would be much better. If you can change them to fulminators make - gryph hound + 2nd Relictor. Also a castellant would be great. (Try to get one for the future)But from that what you own, this list is the best you can get i think.

Thanks bud, similar to some of the builds I was thinking. I could with a bit of modelling switch the concussors to fulminators then give the proctectors 2 starsoul maces (one of the proctectors blades came off recently anyway)

I played around with other options on this but I think you're right this is probs the best I can get, I was thinking of dropping 5 libs for LCOF so I could lightening him in to buff the paladins but I think the loss of bodies probs isn't worth it. 

I think Erdemo is right to include the Heraldor in the list.  He is particularly useful with paladins who are going to have trouble acquiring new targets after the initial Hammerstrike drop, or to allow a unit of Fulminators to retreat from one combat and then get their charge bonus on either the same unit they were fighting, or reposition to a more valuable target. 

Overall i think it is a pretty balanced list (I have tested nearly this exact list in the past except with Fulminators).  Don't feel pressured to drop the Paladins immediately unless you can get a good lightning chariot off onto the prosecutors.  Getting them into your opponent's backfield can distract them long enough for the rest of your guys to hold onto objectives relatively uncontested.

Great advice thanks! 

I probably was thinking just get the paladins down asap but i'll try to wait for the right moment, hopefully turn 1. 

I am going to go ahead and make the consussors into fulminators as I think I can do it easily enough. With the second relictor I'm just thinking 2nd lightening chariot (I think I can do that) or maybe I make the x2 5 man libs into 10 and go blessed weapons? 

As for the second artifact, I think Sigmarite Pendant on the heraldor, making my opponent think twice about killing him or who with or suffering the d6 MW

Archived