Blood warriors: Gorefists or two Gore axes which do you prefer?

TrexPushups

I am starting out in Age of sigmar and I am going with bloodbound. 

I am currently indecisive about how to arm additional units of blood warriors beyond the intial ones in the starter set. 

So do you use 2 axes, Gorefists or a mix of units having the different options. 

How have they worked for you?

I do like the real life fighting point that axe and shield is a stronger combination than 2 axes. 

You gain the ability to actually parry/block which means you have an easier time claiming a skull for everyone's favorite chair. 

On the other hand as attack increasing buffs stack re-rolling ones starts getting even more tempting. 

I just bought up extras from the starter with the gorefist for just a chance at extra damage. Besides I hope they die in close combat so I can again get that extra pile in attack.  You can have 1 with a glaive for every 10 that has some rend which is nice.  Also if you want  re-roll ones just use the whip guy (stoker) greater utility. 

51 minutes ago, Swamp_Toe said:

I just bought up extras from the starter with the gorefist for just a chance at extra damage. Besides I hope they die in close combat so I can again get that extra pile in attack.  You can have 1 with a glaive for every 10 that has some rend which is nice.  Also if you want  re-roll ones just use the whip guy (stoker) greater utility. 

But that re-roll is for the to wound roll. The two gore axes is for the to hit roll. 

1 hour ago, Swamp_Toe said:

my mistake.  I would still go for the gorefist those mortal wounds are nice for a khorne army that lacks in the mortal wound dept. outside of blood letters

It is nice to hurt the opponent when you pass & when you fail your saves. 

Archived