Need help choosing colour scheme for Free guild

Congratz

Hey there :D 
I have been collecting free guild for about 1 month but i haven't started painting yet because i have no idea how i want to paint them :(
I want to paint something there looks good and that is also easy to paint.... Any thoughts?

I have been looking at : Averland/Greywater Fastness and Anvilguard.

Please also tell me how you would paint the colour scheme if you have an idea :D

Good day!

I often struggle with paint schemes too, so one thing I do is a Google image search for particular miniatures to see what others have done and what color combinations I like (i.e. search Freeguild, or Stormcast, or even Anvilguard etc).  CoolMiniOrNot also has lots of pics and you can search by company or type.  Once I find a color scheme I like, I'll do some test models and refine what I'm going to use.  Oh, and sometimes I search by color - for example - I did a search for warhammer and turquoise and got many different schemes and adapted one I found on a Warhammer 40k titan for my Kharadron Overlords.  Hope that helps!

21 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

I often struggle with paint schemes too, so one thing I do is a Google image search for particular miniatures to see what others have done and what color combinations I like (i.e. search Freeguild, or Stormcast, or even Anvilguard etc).  CoolMiniOrNot also has lots of pics and you can search by company or type.  Once I find a color scheme I like, I'll do some test models and refine what I'm going to use.  Oh, and sometimes I search by color - for example - I did a search for warhammer and turquoise and got many different schemes and adapted one I found on a Warhammer 40k titan for my Kharadron Overlords.  Hope that helps!

Thanks! it really helped!
I found this colour scheme, any idea how it's done?

Screenshot_44.png

Great!  I would go here: 

You will find that it is a nice reference for seeing a color you like and what colors you might use to highlight/shade and what base color to start from.  If you need generic tips on painting/highlighting/shading - Games Workshop and Duncan have tons of videos and doing a Google search on painting Freeguild may also provide other videos that hobbyists have done.  But, I'd start with the color reference above to figure out what paints you may want and then pick a model to start testing the scheme and your skills with!  Good luck and welcome to the painting side of the hobby! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2017 at 10:26 PM, Budda said:

Sorry Congratz bud Sharpe was a fictional 17th century British army TV series in the 90's.

and yes that is Sean Bean if Ned Stark fame.

The Video Diaries of Rifleman Harris - Volume 6.jpg

Those are just napoleonic british greenjacket uniforms.

If you do your handgunners like that then you should definitely do your guard like redcoats and just have napoleonic britguild ;)

Archived