ScE - what next?

jenshenrik

I'm buying a Christmas gift for my kid on behalf of my sister. The budget is £20, give or take, so I figured I'd get him a hero, or maybe a small unit, for his Stormcast army. So far he has the ScE half of the Starter, and will be getting a Start Collecting as well, meaning he'll have:

• Celestant on Dracoth
  • Relictor
  • Celestant
  • 6 Prosecutors
  • 5 Retributors
  • 15 Liberators

So far we've mostly played Skirmish, but will be starting a Path to Glory campaign sometime in the new year. As I said, I thought of getting him a hero. but that's mostly due to budget-restraints. I figure the army could maybe use a bit more ranged support, but other than that, I honestly don't know enough about ScE to really make an informed decision.

Tl;dr: what can I add for £20, give or take, that synergises at least somewhat with the above list of models?

Thanks in advance :)

10 minutes ago, jenshenrik said:

So far we've mostly played Skirmish, but will be starting a Path to Glory campaign sometime in the new year. As I said, I thought of getting him a hero. but that's mostly due to budget-restraints. I figure the army could maybe use a bit more ranged support, but other than that, I honestly don't know enough about ScE to really make an informed decision.

If you are going path to glory, you could also make a cool die or something, so when he rolls after his first game you could buy/support that purchase. That way you won't have to guess what he thinks is cool. after getting the start collecting he will have plenty to paint, and it's totally in the spirit of path to glory. 

Another suggestion that sprang to mind is looking into the new stormcast hero, don't know if that will be released in time but it's a cool model and the new shiny toy is always a good option. 

If you need suggestions regarding playability I defer to the stormcast players in the room ;) 

Regarding PtG, I think we're going to be rolling for the type of reward we get after each match, but will probably choose which followers to add, as to not get results we don't have minis for. As for the new hero, from what I can tell he's just another Celestant, and while the shield might be useful, I'd rather get him something new, instead of a 3rd Celestant.

I would offer him a castellant. His lantern is very, very precious (+1 save and heal on a 7+) and your kid will wonder how he could play back then without this model.

The knight-azyros is another very good contender. Fast and durable for a 80 pts hero, fly, and his reroll hit to 1 at range help him to make the prosecutors much more useful.

Plus those heroes can use lantern magical items, who are all god and will give several new options for him

Archived