Stormcast 2k list feedback needed! :)

Kugane

So I am planning to build a stormcast army with the stuff I have available and came up with this 2k list:

Allegiance: Stormcast

Leaders Lord-Aquilor (200)

General Lord-Castellant (100)

Units

5 x Liberators (100)

5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)

2x Fulminators (240)

6 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (200)

6 x Vanguard-Palladors (440)

6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)

2 x Gryph-Hound (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000 Allies: 0 / 400 Leaders: 2/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 0/4 Artillery: 0/4 Wounds: 113

The plan is to replace 1 gryph hound and the 2 units of hunters with 2 units of Judicators. Would this list work for some fun games?

That list looks fun to play and very similar to what I'm running. I like the prosecutors 2x3 as you get two tridents on champions. Aether wings are a nice cheap protection for the long strikes. Not a fan of hunters, they just don't do it for me. 

Just wondering why the Castellant is the general? Is it because of staunch defenders? If so, the only unit that would really benifit from it is the Liberators, and there is not really enough of them to make it worthwhile. You might be better off making Aquilor your general and use his command ability on himself and the palladors to drop a bunch of units behind enemy lines in turn two, along with the hunters. If you swap out the hunters for judicators then you have even less incentive for staunch defenders because if judicators get charged by something a +1 to save probably wont help them much.

I think if you plant a bunch of ranged dudes in your territory and drop Aquilor, 6 palladors, and 10 hunters behind your enemy in turn two it would be a greater boon, especially if you get to go first in the second battle round.

On 11-12-2017 at 3:25 AM, newsun said:

That list looks fun to play and very similar to what I'm running. I like the prosecutors 2x3 as you get two tridents on champions. Aether wings are a nice cheap protection for the long strikes. Not a fan of hunters, they just don't do it for me. 

Thank you! :) I personally like the idea of hunters ability, but I'm not sure how to make them work. I'm considering to cut the prosecutors & lord castellant out of the list and get a relictor, naeve and some aetherwings in instead (I guess 3 aetherwings is plenty for now), as well as cut the gryph hound to just 1 instead.

On 11-12-2017 at 6:42 AM, Somanlius said:

Just wondering why the Castellant is the general? Is it because of staunch defenders? If so, the only unit that would really benifit from it is the Liberators, and there is not really enough of them to make it worthwhile. You might be better off making Aquilor your general and use his command ability on himself and the palladors to drop a bunch of units behind enemy lines in turn two, along with the hunters. If you swap out the hunters for judicators then you have even less incentive for staunch defenders because if judicators get charged by something a +1 to save probably wont help them much.

I think if you plant a bunch of ranged dudes in your territory and drop Aquilor, 6 palladors, and 10 hunters behind your enemy in turn two it would be a greater boon, especially if you get to go first in the second battle round.

A mistake pretty much. Aquilor was meant to be the general to drop units all over the place where they need to be. As for the judicators, I think I'm just not going to run any at all. Despite all the hate for hunters, I really like the ability of the hunters to just appear on the battlefield wherever you want them to be, I might even run a 3rd battleline of them at some point.

Just loving the aesthetic of the army.

The new list I'm going for is something along the lines of:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Leaders
Lord-Aquilor (200)
- General
Neave Blacktalon (120)
Lord-Relictor (80)
Units
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warblades
- 1 x Grandblades
6 x Vanguard-Palladors (440)
6 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (360)
2 x Fulminators (240)
6 x Aetherwings (120)
1 x Gryph-Hound (40)
Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 0/4 Artillery: 0/4
Wounds: 115

Still undecided what traits are optimal for aquilor though. Either way, the army is halfway done being painted, so I can play them soon enough. Never thought I'd ever be able to paint a 2k army in less than a week haha.

Archived