Crushed Under the Boot of a Bully!

Mr. White

No worries, to date I will say the worst match up for Garrek's Reavers remain the Stormcasts. There is a window where the odds get better but this requires the Reavers to essentially give up round 1 melee wishes and go in upgraded. The moment Saek can swing for a single 4 damage total (due to Great Strenght) or Karsus can swing twice thanks to Time Trap things become better. My personal opinion in 30+ games with Reavers is that they lack Cleave to consistantly be a hazard for Stormcast. While some damage can be migated if the Stormcast player plays defensively the only time when Reavers can comfortably swing at them is the first hit, when they are not inspired yet.

Now I do love Bloodreavers still but they do have to play a duality game of Objectives and Melee, by large because Orruks smother them in melee if they go all out (same with Stormcast) and Bloodreavers can't sit idle against Sepulchral Guard's Objective based game. The more Warbands added to the list though the more common you get decent results out of Garrek's Reavers aswell. 

What's much more important to know though is that you fell in love with it aswell! I think it's a great game and combines great aspects of several games into one which make it tactically deep, easy to learn but also very different per game. Because all cards are restricted to one many players play different decks and all hands allow for several ways to play a specific Round. The impact of a "great hand" unfolds very differently from Round 1 to 3. 

Cheers,

Heh, to be honest, I'm not worried about it. We're having a good time and I'll get the hang of this warband eventually. I just find it humorous that not only does he mop the floor with me in_his_ game (Pokemon), but now he's starting to crush me in _my_ games (GW titles). ;)

(though - I think years of Pokemon has tuned him to deck composition and combos)

Archived