GA: Death 2k tourney list

Dracothjay

Hi guys, planning on going to some tourneys next year and still need to test different lists, but my foundation of what I want is as follows:

mannfred - general

GKoTG - cursed book

varghulf courtier

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

6 crypt flayers

mortis engine

2 morghast harbingers ( summoning pool)

3 spirit host (summoning pool)

so my list is built for speed and combat. I want to rush my enemy before they can move onto objectives. My dire wolves will claim objectives and sit on them whilst I push the enemy back.

morghast and spirit host will be someone’s in around turn two of priority goes my way. 

Mortis engine to provide bugged casting/debuff to enemy wizards and also the once per game heal to friendly units and damage to enemy units. 

I am toying with replacing the mortis engine with 3 vargheist just to add  a bit more combat potency, but I rather like having the +1 to cast from the mortis engine

Any advice?

I don't know, a unit of 3 vargheists as a one-of to fill up the points could be quite devastating provided you play them well, after all you have Mannfred's reroll to help them dish out tons of damage.

EDIT: there may be too few models in the list though

1 hour ago, smucreo said:

I don't know, a unit of 3 vargheists as a one-of to fill up the points could be quite devastating provided you play them well, after all you have Mannfred's reroll to help them dish out tons of damage.

At 1K I use:

mannfred

VL flying horror - cursed book

5 wolves

5 wolves

3 vargheist

3 vargheist

the vargheist are actually brutal and kill pretty much everything they touch.

ive had a shuffle with my list, and as i agree I lack numbers, I’ve changed it to this.

mannfred

GKoTG - cursed book

vargulf courtier

5 dire wolves 

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

6 vargheist

6 crypt flayers

this puts me at 1800 Pts. I could drop the varghulf for a crypt infernal courtier and then I could get a unit of either archai/harbingers ready to summon in. 

Thoughts?

22 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

mannfred

GKoTG - cursed book

vargulf courtier

5 dire wolves 

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

6 vargheist

6 crypt flayers

this puts me at 1800 Pts. I could drop the varghulf for a crypt infernal courtier and then I could get a unit of either archai/harbingers ready to summon in. 

Thoughts?

With your spare points you need to bump atleast 2 units of those wolves up to 10, if not all of them. With your list as is, you're going to really struggle with Total conquest and Knife to the heart.

12 hours ago, xspire said:

With your spare points you need to bump atleast 2 units of those wolves up to 10, if not all of them. With your list as is, you're going to really struggle with Total conquest and Knife to the heart.

I’ve thought about this as if I’m up against a shooting list then they could easily plink the dogs off objectives.

ive also thought of breaking the vargheist down to 2 x 3 units for flexibility. Would that be better do you think?

Archived