(Khorne 1000 pts) Beginner first play

Mataf

Hello everyone,

I come to you because I start aos and I thought about this list of army for my first games what do you think?

-skulltaker 100 pts

Battle trait unpredictable destruction

Lord of war Command Trait

(For artifact I do not know yet if you have a proposal do not hesitate)

-bloodmaster 80 pts

Again I do not know yet what to add him

-bloodsecrator 120

-30 bloodletters 270

-30 bloodletters 270

- 160 canon skull

-> 1000 pts

I have 3 bloodcrushers and a lord sorcerer of chaos.

Thank you in advance for your remarks / advice

48 minutes ago, Mataf said:

Thanks for the tips. But is it possible to take "lord of war" with him ? 

Unfortunatly not, Artefacts and Command Traits are only available for non-named characters. Better put, they are only there for "unrestricted Heroes".

33 minutes ago, Killax said:

Unfortunatly not, Artefacts and Command Traits are only available for non-named characters. Better put, they are only there for "unrestricted Heroes".

Ok so i have to give it to the bloodmaster ?

6 minutes ago, Uveron said:

Yes. with the current 

Ok really good to know.

Do you think that this liste is good ? Or its possible to change something to get better result.

To give lord of war To the bloodmaster he has To be my general ? 

16 minutes ago, Mataf said:

Ok really good to know.

Do you think that this liste is good ? Or its possible to change something to get better result.

To give lord of war To the bloodmaster he has To be my general ? 

If your staying with standard GA:Chaos then Iam all about the 'Great Destroyer' 5+ to get 1+ to hit is better than the 6+, and makes the Blood Letters better! 

Yeah, it would look like this

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Skulltaker (100)
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
- General
- Trait: Great Destroyer
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown 
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (270)
30 x Bloodletters (270)

Units
1 x Skull Cannons (160)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 82

I would recommend you to https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/  to create the lists. It's fairly straight-forward and allows you to save lists and easy post for forums/chats! 

The skullcannon is fine, i would change it for 2  10-man bloodreaver squads or khorgoraths simply to have some objective grabbers, but overall the list is good.

Skull cannon a bit of a hit and miss luxury in a 1000 point game and the points might be better spend on more units as suggested above.

If you do keep the cannon don't be afraid to move it it forward and get it into combat. If it just sits in the backfield like traditional artillery you are losing out on half its potential.

9 hours ago, Keldaur said:

Yeah, it would look like this

Leaders
Skulltaker (100)
- General
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown 
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (270)
30 x Bloodletters (270)

Units
1 x Skull Cannons (160)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 82

I would recommend you to https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/  to create the lists. It's fairly straight-forward and allows you to save lists and easy post for forums/chats! 

The skullcannon is fine, i would change it for 2  10-man bloodreaver squads or khorgoraths simply to have some objective grabbers, but overall the list is good.

Thanks To made it more clear. Just a question about the trait and the arterfact.

I tought that i have To choose chaos of khorne for the allegiance but i see that the trait is chaos and the artefact khorne, is that a special rule ? 

5 hours ago, Mataf said:

Thanks To made it more clear. Just a question about the trait and the arterfact.

I tought that i have To choose chaos of khorne for the allegiance but i see that the trait is chaos and the artefact khorne, is that a special rule ? 

You are correct. The artifact could not be that one, error on my part my bad. There aren't many useful artifacts for a bloodmaster to be honest, i would choose god's favour, crown or something that can stop mortal wounds.

On 06/12/2017 at 11:49 AM, Keldaur said:

You are correct. The artifact could not be that one, error on my part my bad. There aren't many useful artifacts for a bloodmaster to be honest, i would choose god's favour, crown or something that can stop mortal wounds.

I think i il take the chaos talisman versus order and favour of god versus others. 

2 Khorgorath are good instead of the canon but i search a bit and it's seems impossible To buy it alone :/. 

I ll try the canon for my first game and after the khorgorath.

Can 3 bloodcrushers be a good option instead of the canon ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone 

After your reply i made this new list. 

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Chaos Talisman
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (270)
30 x Bloodletters (270)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Units
1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 93

What do you think ? 

Better than the first one ?

Any advice ? 

Thanks in advance

Mataf

7 hours ago, Uveron said:

Yes that looks good! 

could be quite a scary army! I like it. 

The only thing I would change is to drop the Khorgorath for a second Bloodmaster for backups for the bonus. 

I tought about the khorgorath to grab objective and his pool of pv and his regeneration but 2 bloodmaster is also a good choose

Archived