Only Interested in the New AoS

pez5767

9 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Wowie, that is tight.  So we're talking Stormcast, most of the Bloodbound (bye bye Skullcrushers), most of the Ironjawz (bye bye Ardboyz) and Fyreslayers then.  Maybe the Flesheaters, but that's really just re-naming things we already had.  Not much of a choice there lol.

9 hours ago, SuperHappyTime said:

So keeping them separate was pretty easy.

:D Note my past-tense, and I guess I should mention I stuck with the legacy models, not the AoS stuff. Most of that was because I loved the old models but hated how AoS fluff had positioned them (The old models/factions).

I've loosened that quite a bit that AoS can be a part of my collection. But due to my collecting habits I'm not buying new stuff anytime soon.

On 29/06/2016 at 4:24 PM, Chris Tomlin said:

I'm so excited to see what they do with my beloved Druchii. At the moment I'm all over the place playing with all 4 Grand Alliances (all new AoS stuff) and am just waiting for these to give me something that truly holds my attention....I just don't want them coming too soon so that I can actually finish some projects beforehand!!

Re the OP; that's all well and good, I get what you're saying and it's totally cool to play that way. However I'm not sure how much joy you'll have convincing all your opponents who are packing old WFB armies! ;) 

I cant wait to see what they do with the druchii too

Have played fantasy for the better part of 20 years now, I'm very much inclined to agree with Pez.

The old world and all of the factions within it, had very well defined roles to play.  Something about a simple pivot to the new world of AoS with the existing armies just doesn't "feel" right.  Aesthetics completely aside, there's just too much established history and it feels like fitting a square peg into a round hole now.

The only AoS ready army I have at the moment are chaos daemons, which I'm actually looking to sell because they just don't interest me in this new world anymore.  Maybe it's just me.  I know chaos and daemons aren't going anywhere and are truly the one faction that will be mostly unchanged and plug and play ready for AoS.  

My my only issue is with the current lack of options for new AoS specific factions.  I've always had a wood elf bias, and the new Slyvaneth models are hopefully going to scratch that itch a bit.  However, with only 4-5 factions to really choose from, a huge amount of other people are going to also jump on the Slyvaneth, which is a turn off of the faction.  If I wait for a proper Aelf release though, I may be waiting in the dark for a year or more...

Archived