Anyone done any rpg in the AoS?

Sounds interesting to do a hack and slash dungeon crawl, but how would you level up?It would be sweet if an ordinary stormcast level up far enough to have an epic fight against Archaon. I think it'll require additions like levelling, items, potions, traps, environments, scenario cards. I guess it requires houseruling, but it'll be sweet if GW threw us a bone here.

The combat system is already there, there are stats and its pretty clean, so its a pretty good base to start out from.

I'm currently building a tabletop RPG that is an adaptation on the AoS rules that will allow you to create your own character from a template, and you'll be able to use any warscrolls as an enemy. It has an item system that makes use of weapons found on warscrolls and rewards found in times of war. There's no leveling, so it's up to the DM to balance everything. It's also playable by yourself, without the need of a DM with a random generation module I'm writing up for it. It's a huge project, but I have some decent progress done on it.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

One of the cool things AoS did was challenging all of our preconceived notions about how a war game had to be designed. Maybe you done need to have levels at all? Or experience? You could just adjust stats or gain abilities when something amazing happened. I think I may start working something out as I get a bit of free time and I'd love to hear how yours go!

Archived