One thing that's nagging at me.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:41 AM, Ollie Grimwood said:

I’m not sure GW wants or need to licence out AoS just yet. It’s in its infancy and they’ll want to guide it carefully. Also they’ve got the WFB stuff to farm out which people can use without effecting the direction of AoS.   

GW has proven entirely ambivalent to licensing out any of their products. They simply fail to care about video games. They've simply decided that instead of being super stingy with licenses, that everyone can get one now. No one's gone for AoS yet. And probably won't for some time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, stratigo said:

GW has proven entirely ambivalent to licensing out any of their products. They simply fail to care about video games. They've simply decided that instead of being super stingy with licenses, that everyone can get one now. No one's gone for AoS yet. And probably won't for some time.

That's not what I heard at all. What I've heard is that they've been stingy with it for many years because they saw videogames as the competition and only lately have been selling the license away.

I think it's because they want to have control of how the lore develops, which is why they licensed the AoSRPG, which is what makes sense for worldbuilding.

Archived