Changeling after rules update

Greasygeek

Question

Hi all

Queston 1: Arch-deciever: ' but they cannot target it with attacks or spells, and so on..' What the he... does 'so on' mean? Abilities? Area effects? Tipped cans of beer? Hugs and kisses? In ither words.  Will area effect spell/abilities work on it? Say something like Lord Kroak's Celestial Deliverance. Since they aren't targeting anyone just affecting enemies/models within a certain range?

Question 2: Formless Horror: if the Changeling use this ability on a melee weapon that has had it's attack, to hit, to wound, rend or damage modified either for the turn or even permanently? Like the Celestant Prime who gets +2 attacks for every turn he stays baking in the great oven of Sigmar. Would the changeling get that +2 also?

Thanks in advance.. keep rolling those 6's (except for bravery)

IMG_1435.PNG

1 answer to this question

The "and so on" is finishing the earlier part of the sentence: "Enemy units treat it as part of their own army." In other words it is a friendly unit, and not normally affected by damaging AoEs. There are notable exceptions that can hurt your own guys and don't use the word target which could definitely damage the changeling.

As for formless horror, let me see if i can find specific language about whether a bonus temporarily changes a characteristic or just resolves it differently. It's choose a weapon near you, which might imply copying the current stats imo.

Edit: failed to find really basic language on buffs, but a good rule of thumb might be if a buff adds "to the attacks characteristic" I'd copy it, if it's just "add one attack" then I would not.

Archived