1000 Point Ironjawz Lists GHB 2017

Timcz

So now that Ironfist has gone up in points, which was my staple for 1000 point lists, im not entirely sure what the best combo is for 1000 point battles now. 

Previous my list was Megaboss, Warchanter, 2 lots of brutes, gore gruntas, 10 ardboyz, and Ironfist. 

Now, I'm not entirely sure whats the best way to spend the points. Particularly with the cost of Gore-Gruntas coming down too. Was thinking Megaboss, Warchanter, 2 x Gore Gruntas, 2 x Brutes, with 140 points to spare. 

Not sure if I should drop the Gore Gruntas for some Ardboyz, or spend the 140 on a Shaman, or perhaps some Savage Arrowboyz for something different? 

Edit - just to add, the things that I have outside of the list, is the shaman, another warchanter, 5 more brutes, 10 ardboyz, and a Giant. 

• Are your Brutes DW or 2h? 
  • Do you want magic in your list?
  • Are you after a fun list or the strongest list you can make. (Matters for who you need responses from and how much input I personally will give).
  • Is there a core list you definitely want or is the entire list flexible?

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (80)
- General
- Trait: Brutish Cunning 
- Artefact: The Boss Skewer 
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)
- Allies

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 970 / 2000
Allies: 170 / 400

This is an option without the footboss for example. You could also shift the GG's into one group of 6 to maximise the double Warchanter buffs.

• Are your Brutes DW or 2h? - The 10 I have assembled are currently DW. I was going to assemble the last 5 as the 2H option for something different. 
  • Do you want magic in your list? - Part of me does, but I haven't had much luck with the shaman back when I first started with him. 
  • Are you after a fun list or the strongest list you can make. (Matters for who you need responses from and how much input I personally will give). - My LGS is very competitive, but honestly, I like to be the guy with a fun list to play, and one that other people enjoy playing against rather than the list that just tries to smash everyone. I dont really want to get smashed myself, but happy to if its a great game. So nice to be able to put up a little bit of a fight at least. 
  • Is there a core list you definitely want or is the entire list flexible? - Entire list is flexible for sure. Only other thing I have is a cabbage, but obv wouldnt use at the 1000 point mark.

Looks like an interesting list - plus I'd get to use the aleguzzler which I've never tried before. Any risk of not using a megaboss at all? 

Thanks. 

45 minutes ago, Timcz said:
  • Are your Brutes DW or 2h? - The 10 I have assembled are currently DW. I was going to assemble the last 5 as the 2H option for something different. 
  • Do you want magic in your list? - Part of me does, but I haven't had much luck with the shaman back when I first started with him. 
  • Are you after a fun list or the strongest list you can make. (Matters for who you need responses from and how much input I personally will give). - My LGS is very competitive, but honestly, I like to be the guy with a fun list to play, and one that other people enjoy playing against rather than the list that just tries to smash everyone. I dont really want to get smashed myself, but happy to if its a great game. So nice to be able to put up a little bit of a fight at least. 
  • Is there a core list you definitely want or is the entire list flexible? - Entire list is flexible for sure. Only other thing I have is a cabbage, but obv wouldnt use at the 1000 point mark.

Looks like an interesting list - plus I'd get to use the aleguzzler which I've never tried before. Any risk of not using a megaboss at all? 

Thanks. 

• So personal experience at the last tournament, along with every good player on here telling me the same before hand ;) , 10 2h brutes will do WAY more than 2x5 DW, the extra range makes it easier to get them in combat, they attack as a single block and you only need 1 warchanter buff.
  • Again at the tournament I LOVED having 3 wizards. it meant I got mystic shield, foot of gork and another spell every turn. The problem is you need the bodies to trigger the +2 for foot of gork to really be worth it, you also ideally want the 2nd wizard to cast mystic shield every turn and a weirdnob is an expensive way to do it.
  • The Footboss is a powerful hero but slow as all hell. Most of the time he's just going to be using inspiring presence anyway so the loss of his command ability isn't terrible. I'd say at 1k he's optional, good if you want to take him but not mandatory. At 2k he's worthless get a MK.

So for really competitive lists you want the likes of @Sangfroid or @Chris Tomlin both of them are really amazing players with far more experience than I have. Mostly what I can do is throw out the strange none standard ideas and play around with the list building aspect. Whether the lists are good is entirely another issue.

Based on what you have I personally would base the list around the following.

Leaders
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Behemoths
Aleguzzler Gargant (170)

This gives you a warchanter, who is mandatory, at 1k he can also fill as your general if you want. The 6 goregruntas give you mobility, they are a good target for the warchanter buff and can be split into 2x3 instead if you want. The aleguzzler gives you a solid and cheap big guy who is threatening to your opponent. It's the cheapest way to fill your requirements and get a behemoth, a really solid core to build around.

This leaves you with 470 points left to spend with no restrictions on heroes or battleline. The megaboss gives you a really tanky general and having a weirdnob to cast mystic shield on him every turn makes him a beast.

Spoiler

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Trait: Ironclad 
- Artefact: Armour of Gork 
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Total: 260

2+ save, ignores the first rend, reflects a mortal wound on a 5+. An absolutely brutal tank.

Spoiler

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Artefact: Destroyer 
Orruk Warchanter (80)
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
- 15x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 5x Big Choppas

Total: 980 / 1000

Spoiler

Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
- Artefact: Destroyer 
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
- 20x Choppa or Smasha & Shields
- 10x Big Choppas

Total: 990 / 1000

A big block of Ardboyz with shields and mystic shield is almost impossible to shift, have 5 at the front with 2h choppas and you'll still be putting out 10 -1 attacks a turn despite having 15 boyz with shields. You lose the Gargant for this but have a crazy huge tarpit to sit in the middle of the field, if you really want to be a douche drop the Warchanter and take the extra 10 boyz  watch your opponent try to get through the sheer level of tanky wounds, again 10 2h choppas at the front, 20 shields at the back. If you really want to get creative, drop 3 of teh GG's and take that 2nd Weirdnob, stand him in the 30 Ardboyz and try to cast Foot of Gork everyturn!

You have quite a bit of flexibility from the amount of models you have and there are some really intresting combinations there. Play around with the different ones and see what you like. 

Cheesiest list goes to this for it's 4 spells a turn, Foot and Fist of Gork Bringing the pain, mystic shield on the Ardboyz and Green Puke or Arcane Bolt as you desire. For when you just want to say "****** you eat some magic".

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- Allies
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)

Total: 970 / 2000
Allies: 140 / 400

Wow thanks for the comprehensive reply. 

I had never really thought to utilise the ardboys in that way. I bought the shadespire kit the other day, so might pick up 5 (or 15) more boyz to try and build up numbers there too particularly for 2000 point games. Will def build the remaining brutes I have with the 2H weapon then. 

Am very keen now to give the aleguzzler a go. Have never bothered, but with the new GHB it def makes a lot more sense to be able to run it. 

So much painting to do lol. 

Archived