2k tournament Stormcast Eternals critique

Bobdog132

Hi everyone, I am going to be in my first AoS tourney on Saturday.  I am new to AoS, but not Warhammer.  I have only had a couple of games with my SE and faired pretty well.  I like the Dracoths and was thinking of running this list.  I have a few other models, judicators and raptors with longstrikes and a bunch more liberators.  Was wondering how this list looked and if I should drop and add anything?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Leaders
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer : Lightning Chariot
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Command Trait : Staunch Defender
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Artefact : Strife-ender
- Dracoth Trait : Drake-kin
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- Command Trait : Staunch Defender
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Artefact : Strife-ender
- Dracoth Trait : Pack Hunter
Units
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (100)
-Warhammer & Shield
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 1 x Starsoul Maces
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 1 x Starsoul Maces
6 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (200)
2 x Concussors (280)
Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (220)

Pasted the LCoD in twice or are you taking 2 LCoDs?

If the former, was 1740 your final points total?

If the latter note you can't have the same artefact twice and only one gets the command ability.

Judicators are handy, the reasoning is that you can sit them on objectives and yet they still take part in the fight with ranged attacks. They are also generally quite a strong battleline unit.

There's a few things I would rework to give a more rounded list.

Change the artifact on the LCoD to Mirrorshield. It's amazing, keeps pesky skyfires from dropping him too early and losing your staunch defender.

I'd swap a squad of retributers for paladins and the concussors for fulminators. The fulminators are a bit more surviable (against shooting) , have a 'better' breath attack (with their move i think hitting on a 3 is better than the extra range), and can still pump out damage on the charge.

With the points you can upgrade a squad of liberators into judicators. This will give you a bit of range and with the help of lightning chariot, let you have some options to pick off key buffing heroes

I think dropping one of the LCoD is a good idea but I do think running two could very face smashy and very fun with the hammerstrike. Swapping one for some long strikes though would make your list a bit more flexible and give you a threat that can influence how your opponent moves and threaten key heroes. Left over points could get you a gryph-hound or maybe you could work out a way to get some aetherwings in.

I also prefer the javelin prosecutors to the hammers. When you drop your paladins in you might find it a bit hard to make room for 6 charging prosecutors and I personally found I would always run them the turn they dropped in the paladins. 6 with javalins are good for sitting on objectives until you need them or after youve dropped in the boys while remaining in range to harrass. Also, again, gives you another less face smashy option and means you're not so 'all in' on the combat phase. Shields are good on them too as they're pretty fragile for their points cost.

Archived