Starting my 2nd army (Ironjawz)

trarux

So Im starting my 2nd army in AoS  and I have decided it to be Ironjawz

Im going to start building for 1000 points and alrdy got Weirdnoob warband box

Where to go from here ? Start collecting + Megaboss?  or somthing else ? 

Have a nice day 

The Ironjawz boxes are amazingly good value. There is pretty much no reason to buy the units individually. Two of each box will give you all the Warchanters and Weirdnobz you need. It will also give you 10 Brutes, 6 Goregruntas and 30 Ardboyz. You will want a Maw-Krusha at some point in there and a Footboss (Megaboss on Foot) is an option for smaller points games or options in larger games.

After that it's really a case of what you want to add. More Brutes means trying to pick up more Weirdnob Warbands while more GG's is the Start Collecting. Allies are also an option with the Aleguzzlars, Troggoth Hag (from Forgeworld), Gitmob Siege Engines or the Spiderfang box all being good choices.

Due to the fact that all IJ units are Battleline with IJ allegiance there's a ton of flexibility in how you build your army while the limited number of those units means that they are entirely within those 2 boxes.

I think you're on the right track. 

That would give you 860 points if you got the Iron-fist battalion and ignored the extra 5 'ardboyz for the moment. 

So a Megaboss added to that would round out your 1000 list. 

Additionally those extra 5 'ardboyz are fine if you're playing Path to Glory (1 pick) or - when the Shadespire warband comes out you could effectively have a unit of 9 with some unique looking models. 

Great choice of army though, and plenty of options now with GHB17

1 hour ago, Husslehoff said:

I think you're on the right track. 

That would give you 860 points if you got the Iron-fist battalion and ignored the extra 5 'ardboyz for the moment. 

So a Megaboss added to that would round out your 1000 list. 

Additionally those extra 5 'ardboyz are fine if you're playing Path to Glory (1 pick) or - when the Shadespire warband comes out you could effectively have a unit of 9 with some unique looking models. 

Great choice of army though, and plenty of options now with GHB17

This was what Im going for in 1000 points, becuse I gues Iron-fist is kinda needed to get into combat fast before you shot to death ;)

4 minutes ago, trarux said:

This was what Im going for in 1000 points, becuse I gues Iron-fist is kinda needed to get into combat fast before you shot to death ;)

Personally I dropped it, it can be really random and just having more boys is better.

I would recommend something like this to start out with.

Allegiance: Ironjawz
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1020 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200

It gives you a good taste of all the units Ironjawz has to offer and lets you play with all your heroes. Obviously it's 20 points over so don't take it to a tournament but as long as you let your opponent know in your FLGS it should be perfectly fine. From here there are a few things you can do to tilt it towards the style and units you end up favouring. If you strictly want to adhere to the 1k points you can drop 10 Ardboys for the Ironfist but my experience tells me that it really tanks their value. At 20/30 Ardboyz are a tarpit unit worth casting Mystic Shield on and throwing forward to tie things down. At 10 they are a defensive unit for sitting on your own objectives.

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 980 / 1000

This is your other option. It gives you the beast that is the Mawkrusha at the cost of boys presence. The double Warchanter means you have a buff for both him and the Brutes. Normally you would have a wizard to throw mystic shield on the MK but he's half of your points on his own at 1k so it's tricky to fit in, if you don't mind allies a grot shaman fits instead of the second Warchanter to provide that spell option.

18 hours ago, Malakree said:

Personally I dropped it, it can be really random and just having more boys is better.

I would recommend something like this to start out with.

Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1020 / 1000

It gives you a good taste of all the units Ironjawz has to offer and lets you play with all your heroes. Obviously it's 20 points over so don't take it to a tournament but as long as you let your opponent know in your FLGS it should be perfectly fine. From here there are a few things you can do to tilt it towards the style and units you end up favouring. If you strictly want to adhere to the 1k points you can drop 10 Ardboys for the Ironfist but my experience tells me that it really tanks their value. At 20/30 Ardboyz are a tarpit unit worth casting Mystic Shield on and throwing forward to tie things down. At 10 they are a defensive unit for sitting on your own objectives.

Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 980 / 1000

This is your other option. It gives you the beast that is the Mawkrusha at the cost of boys presence. The double Warchanter means you have a buff for both him and the Brutes. Normally you would have a wizard to throw mystic shield on the MK but he's half of your points on his own at 1k so it's tricky to fit in, if you don't mind allies a grot shaman fits instead of the second Warchanter to provide that spell option.

I will start with the first setup ang then when Im going for 2000 I will go somthing like this 

Orruk Warchanter (80)
20 x Orruk Ardboys (360)
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)

6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)

Orruk Megaboss (140)

Ironfist (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000

Archived