Balewind vortex and points

Fireymonkeyboy

Question

Hi all,

Have come up across a player using BWV, and had some questions about point costing.  My opponent has paid for the vortex once, but regularly dismisses and recasts the MWV, switching from caster to caster as he needs protection / casting buffs, sometimes in the same turn.  In our most recent game, he also cast the BWV from multiple casters, so that he had 3 of them in play at the same time (although he only had one model).  Is this legal?

My understand was you would, at a bare minimum, have to pay 2x the cost to have two in play (and, one would assume, require the models).  When I did a bit of poking around, some of what I read seemed to imply that the cost to "purchase" a BWV worked as summoning - i.e., each and every subsequent cast would cost a multiple of the base price.

But I can't find anything official on this.  Could someone please direct me to the appropriate rules?

FMB

2 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Hi all,

In our most recent game, he also cast the BWV from multiple casters, so that he had 3 of them in play at the same time (although he only had one model).  Is this legal?

My understand was you would, at a bare minimum, have to pay 2x the cost to have two in play (and, one would assume, require the models). 

FMB

RAW he would need a model for each active balewind.  Now if he summons one and dismisses it then summons another after, use of the same model is fine but to have 3 active at the same time would require 3 individual models. 

Having said that most folks are ok with proxying in non competitive play so if your just playing pickup games with someone it comes down to what you agree on prior to the game :)

Archived