Basing an Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch ?

merzbau

I’m driving myself up the wall trying  to get an Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch (sans Burning Chariot) to stay on its base and I’m wondering what other people have settled on.

I’m grateful that since release they’ve offered full rules support for the Flamer on foot (or fungus jet, or whatever), even to the point of including the correct base, but getting it to stay *on* that base is an absolute pain. For those who aren’t familiar with the model, it’s not really designed to fit anything but the Chariot; its underside is both hollow and concave, meant to fit to the Chariot’s convex top surface.

I’ve tried plastic glue, but it only has two tiny points of contact and came off during painting even with careful handling. Superglue isn’t much more promising. Has anyone successfully nailed one of the floaty buggers down?

It glues fine. Shave a slight bit off the sides to decrease the curvature and increase the contact Surface. (But the back mounting point works just fine with plastic glue.) That allows the base to sit flatter.

Alternately, you have two “bases” for the Chariot top. (The one for the herald with the feet, and the one for the exalted Flamer) Place it on the other Chariot top, and glue that to the large oval base.

Archived