Tzeentch Skirmish Advice

FractalRain

Hello everyone!  I am going to be in a Skirmish tournament in early Nov and decided to take Tzeentch as I have models from Silver Tower and Shadows over Hammerhal.  We are playing the first 3 scenarios from the Skirmish book and after each match, we will roll for renown gain.  We are starting at 25 renown and can have up to 50 renown at the max.  Sounds like we will be using the Skirmish book for Command Abilities and Artefacts and the organizer has not ruled on Battle or Command Traits yet.  With all of that in mind, here is what I'm thinking of adding and why:

25 renown:

1. Gaunt Summoner (20 pts) - cheapest hero and has many nice keywords.   Can cast 2 spells/turn

a.  Thinking of the artifact which gives +1 to my spell dice to help get off its spells. 

b.  Command Ability - not sure....could use some advice

c.  Extra Spell - need to pick one!  Since this model has Mortal, Arcanite, Daemon, and Wizard - am I right in assuming I can choose this from either Lore of Change or the other for mortals?  Any advice?

2.  1 Pink Horror (3 pts) - Can cast a spell (each model no less!), can shoot, and has close combat!   Also counts as a wizard for the Tzaangor Icon later....

a. Extra Spell from Lore of Change - need advice here.

b.  Now, I know that each model is it's own unit, does that mean with each additional Pink Horror, I can choose a different spell from the Lore of Change?  That way I maximize the number of spells I can cast due to the Rule of One?

3.   2 Blue Horrors (1 pt each) - ranged attacks and close combat

Is that a good starting list?  Seems potentially powerful with all the spells and ranged attacks and I love the flexibility of having the horror or gaunt summoner being able to case their own spells/extra spells or arcane bolt/mystic shield. 

Big question - Do the Horrors still split in Skirmish or does the No Summoning rule negate that ability?  It mentions not gaining new models, so not sure.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional models for up to 50 renown:

1.  Tzaangors (4 pts) - Really nice models with the champion getting an extra attack and I might take multiples of these as they have 2 wounds.  They also get +1 to wound if they are close to an Arcanite Hero -which includes the Gaunt Summoner.  However, the Icon Bearer seems really nasty with it's ability to get an extra ranged attack in the Hero phase dishing out mortal wounds, with the Gaunt Summoner and every Pink Horror counting as wizards!:

ICON BEARERS - Models in this unit may be Icon Bearers. If this unit includes one or more Icon Bearers, then at the start of each of your hero phases, take a dice for each Wizard (friend or foe) within 9" of this unit. Then, pick an enemy unit within 18" and roll the dice; the unit suffers a mortal wound for each roll of 4 or more.

2.  Kairic Acolytes (3 pts)  - I really like the way these models look and might take the champ for the extra sorcerous bolt, but being the same cost as a Pink Horror, I think the Pink Horrors might be the better value as they have better saves, longer ranged attack, can have a spell and dispell, and count as wizards.  Thoughts?

3.  Chaos Warhounds (2 pts) - fast and cheap units, though not sure if they are necessary with all the ranged attacks?  Maybe one for the scenario where you have to get an artifact off the board?

4.  I've seen some people suggest Skyfires - but that seems a bit much and I don't really want to buy a box at this point.

5.  Advice on whether piling up on Pink and Blue horrors is a good approach, to add all the extra spells/ranged attacks?

Any other thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated as this will be my first foray with Tzeentch.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, FractalRain said:

Okay, while many of you may not have skirmish experience, surely you have thoughts on what spells may be best suited for this scale of game and what models are more effective/useful to take?  Any help is appreciated!

Lol it seems Skirmish topics dont get much attention anymore.   

2 hours ago, FractalRain said:

I did check with the organizer and he said I would get those.  

Ah, then you're golden :) Have you considered an ogroid thaumaturge as the general instead of the gaunt summoner? Allows you to punch back if you get caught out.

Be careful of having too many pink/blue horrors, since they're easy to remove, which may lead to risky bravery rolls. 

Archived