great bray-shaman and summoning

Frozenbeast

Question

I am very sorry if this is a question or a topic that has been covered in the past already but could not fin anything with the search option with any particular wording so apologize if you have to repeat yourselves. I just finished a game in which I listed a Great bray-shaman in a Warherd list and at some point I tried to summon a CHAOS MONSTER with the wizard as per Savage dominion spell the shaman knows. We spent a lot of time looking for the FAQ (I remember having it read on an FAQ and could not find it  anymore) and then my opponent just let me do it ( I was losing and I have lost anyway). First question: am I the only one remembering the question of this exact type of summoning and the answer being "it does not count in the points"? or is it a rule they changed with the GHB17? Second question: if I dreamed it (:P) or they actually changed it do I apply the rules for summoning to this spell as well lik all other deamons and Death summonings??

If I remembered correctly could someone link where the specification is as a I could not find it?

1 answer to this question

I personally doubt GW ever said you don't need points to use that ability. The way reinforcement points work is that whenever an ability lets you set up a new unit on the table, you pay points for it. GHB 2017 specifically indicates a few exceptions, but those are explicitly worded as such. 

Archived