Sandlord on bantha horn finished

Bethorina

very happy with the color choices for my stone horn :) feel they go quite well together  just a few minor bits to do and the other I'm good to get him on the table :) c&c is always welcome :) not to sure about the highlights on the actual horns but it's a work in progress :)

Update done the ropes and stonehorns armor on its legs :) now to glue and reveal the full thing :)

2nd update - finished :) neared up the edge highlights done the rider and also the stone plates d on his legs and also done his sitting saddle

IMG_20170926_213840.jpg

IMG_20170926_213813.jpg

IMG_20170926_213805.jpg

IMG_20170926_213757.jpg

IMG_20170926_213738.jpg

IMG_20170926_204803.jpg

IMG_20170926_204748.jpg

IMG_20170926_204732.jpg

IMG_20170926_204719.jpg

yoo more beastclaw!

I see a lot of people doing stonehorns with dark legs and feet and I think it looks good, I might copy it. The fur color is nice and realistic, like a brown bear and with proper dark skin of an arctic mammal. The highlights are probably a little too wide, but it shouldn't be so bad to go in and touch them up. I'm not sure what the color is as it's hard to see in the picture, but light highlights on black generally work double duty as highlight and implying scratch damage, so I think it will work for stonehorn.

18 minutes ago, heywoah_twitch said:

yoo more beastclaw!

I see a lot of people doing stonehorns with dark legs and feet and I think it looks good, I might copy it. The fur color is nice and realistic, like a brown bear and with proper dark skin of an arctic mammal. The highlights are probably a little too wide, but it shouldn't be so bad to go in and touch them up. I'm not sure what the color is as it's hard to see in the picture, but light highlights on black generally work double duty as highlight and implying scratch damage, so I think it will work for stonehorn.

Thanks @heywoah_twitchthe comments I am very happy it to go on armies in parade and the board is a desert mountain type board hence the colours of the fur :P i am going to touch up tomorrow as u only been painting it for around 2 hours :)  the colour I used in the horns is actually a texture paint astrogranite debris so it looks more stoney :)

Archived