2000 points Giants ogres and grots the evolution struggle

Bethorina

Hey all

Me and my partner have invested in ogres and grots and giants here is our list it not competitive but it has all the means to win games :) objective scorers and big threats :P not sure what traits and artifacts to take so ideas and comments to would be awesome as we're still new to destruction 

2000pts list

+ Leader +

Butcher with cauldron 

Gitmob shaman

Gitmob Grot Shaman 

+ Battleline +

40 gitmob Grots 

40  git mob Grots 

6 Leadbelchers 

6 Leadbelchers 

12 Ogors

+ Behemoth +

Aleguzzler Gargant

Aleguzzler Gargant

Maybe drop 3 Leadbelchers (140) and increase both the Gitmob Grot units to 60 (70 points a piece), possibly swap the Moonclan Grot shaman for a second Gitmob as well.

If you take the Grots with bows the odds are pretty extreme that you will get far more out of the 40 extra bows than 3 leadbelchers, not least is it putting 3 times the wounds on the table it's also making it harder for the opponent to drop your Grot unit a) Below 30, for the Unruly Rabble but b) 20 for the massive unit rule. The Switch to a second Gitmob shaman is so that you have one in the middle of each unit allowing you to ensure you get the most out of the Sneaky Stabbin spell.

On the other hand you could go up to 60 with one unit (+70) drop the second (-200) and grab 3 Ogors for your battleline (+120) Leaving 10 points left over for a potential triumph roll.

Overall the list looks fine, I just balk at people running a unit just below the massive size.

I was literally just editing when I reread through your original post and was having a think about Traits/Artefacts. On that front I came up with some thoughts.

Traits
I can see 2 issues here which would influence which trait you take.

1. Grot Bravery, you want them up front soaking all the damage, they are going to be taking huge amounts of wounds on bravery 4. For this Bellowing Tyrant is an option. It increases their bravery to 8 and helps get them across the board if needed. Add in IP and it should reduce the Battleshock pain.
  2. General Sniping, honestly I think this will be more of an issue. I'd probably go with Big and Brutish as the best option you have in this regard, the fact your Butcher is potentially healing himself every turn an extra wound can make a difference.

Artefacts
Battered Talisman is really the only option here as far as I'm concerned. Again it helps deal with the problem of him being sniped while also potentially saving him from all the mortal wounds he inflicts to himself.

13 minutes ago, Malakree said:

I was literally just editing when I reread through your original post and was having a think about Traits/Artefacts. On that front I came up with some thoughts.

Traits
I can see 2 issues here which would influence which trait you take.

1. Grot Bravery, you want them up front soaking all the damage, they are going to be taking huge amounts of wounds on bravery 4. For this Bellowing Tyrant is an option. It increases their bravery to 8 and helps get them across the board if needed. Add in IP and it should reduce the Battleshock pain.
  2. General Sniping, honestly I think this will be more of an issue. I'd probably go with Big and Brutish as the best option you have in this regard, the fact your Butcher is potentially healing himself every turn an extra wound can make a difference.

Artefacts
Battered Talisman is really the only option here as far as I'm concerned. Again it helps deal with the problem of him being sniped while also potentially saving him from all the mortal wounds he inflicts to himself.

Tbh I was thinking of sending the 12 Ogors up front and grots behind tbh :P defo agree with the artifact though :)

The Grots are expendable the Ogors aren't. Ideally you want to tar pit your opponent with the Grots then have the Ogors engage on your terms. Same with the leadbelchers, your opponent gets trapped in combat with the Grots then have the leadbelchers get into position to stand and fire into combat.

A lot of your list is about using the Grots to force your opponent to make moves and to make bad moves he doesn't want to. That then gives you the option of how and where you want to engage.

If you move the grots forward onto/towards objectives then he either surrenders the objectives and has the Grots peppering him with a huge amount of shot or he charges in and lets you engage. Clever positioning with the leadbelchers means you can setup a situation where if he does charge the grots the leadbelchers then get to stand and shoot in your next turn from inside the unit.

Archived