BCR: Gutbuster Grots v Other Grots

Turragor

I assume these were very differently named units before? I mean the models are a bit different, almost like different little green creatures.

I am curious because I am sure a lot will have the regular greenskin (or moonclan) grots already from ghb2016  - technically not something BCR can ally with now.

I haven't bought any grots yet and am just wondering if it's mainly a style choice now (bar the greater number of weapon choices for all bar gutbuster grots) or is it "definitely buy the previously ogor gutbuster grot grots".

I feel like the greenskin or even moonclan grots leave things more open for future projects. Gutbuster grots are kind of restricting.

10 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I feel like the greenskin or even moonclan grots leave things more open for future projects. Gutbuster grots are kind of restricting.

I think you hit the nail on it's head with you final sentence. If you go regular goblins/grots it will offer you a wider range of Destruction to ally with. And if your opponents are okay with it you can proxy them for the gutbuster guts. If you want to play competitve tournaments... I don't know. I suspect it's down to the opponent if he/she allows it. 

Old world backstory was that the Gnoblars (gutbuster grots) were a different branch of goblin. From the Ogre Kingdoms book, p15:

Gnoblars stand little taller than a man's waist, and are relatives of the common Goblins that plague the Old World. These highly unpleasant creatures are possessed of a malicious but limited cunning that entirely fails to make up for their lack of psysical strength. Their gnarled bodies are topped with large, bulbous heads, and they have scrawny arms that end in wide dextrous hands. Despite their slender frames, Gnoblars have disproportionate amount of strength in their legs and backs, having been selectively bred for load-bearing by their masters' tendency to tread on those who fail to prove themselves useful. 

Hope this helped :) 

Archived