Mantic Miniatures

Somanlius

Their Deadzone range is much superior to their KoW one. At the end of the day it comes to what you like more. Of course, if people has a limited budget, buying 40 mantic skeletons for 30€ or 20 GW ones for 42€ is a pretty big difference. But that isn't all that matters, as others have said, is what aesthetic you like most.

Some people say that Mantic stuff is just inferior and I can agree... but at the same time, I don't understand how theres people that are part of the oldhammer crown and think those old models look better than the newer stuff, but they are happy, and even if the models are inferior from a technical standpoint, is the subjetive appeal of their aesthetics what matters to us, the hobbyst and consumers.

Theres some Kits of Mantic that even being technically inferior (Both in sculpting and even more important, in sprue layout, customization variety, etc... after you try to build hard-plastic units of other companys you can see how really GW knows what they are doing and are expert in offering a user-friendly product) I like them more for their aesthetical style. For example, the Kings of War Salamanders, I just love how they look.

In the other hand the Ogers, many people like them more than GW ones, but to me, the fat mongolyan style of GW is my favourite kind of ogre of any fantasy universe (Ok, they are the second, my first one is the Imperial-Roman GW ogres )
And I think we should remember the Warhammer: Total War promo video where they show a table with a undead army, where all the ghouls, zombies and skeletons where Mantic ones. After people realiced they erased the video from youtube :D

Archived