Ironjawz 1k - New Player

Bulldoze

Hi,

Brand new to the jawz, got a start collecting and Warband box arriving tomorrow so I've been messing around with lists for 1k games.

I've been toying with running Ironfist just because it sounds REALLY sick. Would you recommend it at 1k? 

Basically, I want to use the stuff in my boxes so my list is as follows -

-------------------------------------------

Warchanter (Which of these is a better General btw?)

Weirdnob

--------------------------------------------

10 x Ardboyz

5x Brutes

3 x Gore gruntas

-------------------------------------------

Ironfist 

Spear Chukka (or other gitmob Artillery)

= 980

-------

Any tips and feedback welcome! Like I said I'm brand new so still trying to work the army out!

Thanks

First a bit of bad news, you get 15 Ardboyz, not 10.

The bad news here is that those extra 5 count on points as if they are fielded as a unit of 10.

You're sitting at 840 with the unit of 5, with the Ironfist getting you to 1K.

So I suggest getting 5 more Ardboyz to add. See what you can find on eBay, it may be cheaper.

ETA: I should learn to count, you'll be at 1040 with all of that.

9 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

First a bit of bad news, you get 15 Ardboyz, not 10.

The bad news here is that those extra 5 count on points as if they are fielded as a unit of 10.

You're sitting at 840 with the unit of 5, with the Ironfist getting you to 1K.

So I suggest getting 5 more Ardboyz to add. See what you can find on eBay, it may be cheaper.

You would only run the 10 not the extra 5. The spear chukka then comes in at 120, out of your 200 allies potential, bringing the whole up to 980 points total.

That's how he's done it and it is correct ;)

On the list it should work fine, You could get a megaboss (140) instead of the spearchukka (120) bringing you up to 1k exactly.

Ideally you want the WC buff to go on your brutes, did this math in another thread, and the Weirdnob to be around the Ardboys, more chance of getting his +1 to cast. 

Since you have a battalion you get 2 artefacts so really it comes down to which command trait you want, and who you want to be slinging the inspiring presence on. Getting the megaboss would make things a bunch easier because you can do the traditional orc strat of Prophet of the Waaagh! with the Waaagh! from megaboss and destroyer on him, then you group up into a block of 5, get all 6 units in on a Waaagh! turn then try to roll a 6 while eating your opponents face!

If you wana stick with just the 2 it's really 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other, whatever happens ppl guna be trying to snipe it.

Writing up the list I suggested in the other thread.

120 - Weirdnob Shaman - Brutish Cunning (to counter charge things which get a bonus on charge aka plague monks), Daubing of Mork (To make him more tanky)

80 - Warchanter - for the +1 to hit on a unit of THIRTY Ardboys putting out a potential of 90 attacks.

450 - 30* Ardboys - 20 Double Choppas, and either 10 shields (for the wound buffers) or 10 more Double Choppas (FOR MOAR CHOPPIN!)

140 - 3* Gore-Gruntas - For hunting down siege engines, ranged units or any characters stupid enough to be on their own.

200 - 2 Grot Rock Lobbers - Do you need a reason?

990 Total.

Obviously the General, Artefacts and Command Traits are entirely interchangeable. Realistically you won't make proper use of Prophet of the Waaagh! and just want to be using Inspiring Presence on your huge Ardboy unit every turn. Taking the Chanter as your general with Live to Fight and Destroyer would also be an option, try to get the extra attacks off the reroll and have each of his attacks dealing 2 wounds. 

@Malakree thanks for all these tips! I'm referring to the GHB right now to try make sense of it all haha!

I did want to get a megaboss just because they look amazing, but tried to make a list without one due to many comments online about them not being very good! 

The list you wrote out sounds really cool, especially dropping the brutes & Ironfist as I hadn't considered that. I think I'll try that list at a later date as I've used my budget up on the 2 boxes for now.

Archived