Error or Command abilities nerfed?

Aginor

Hey y'all!

I noticed something interesting. I don't have Facebook so I'd like to ask if someone already asked this on the FB page and if not: Someone please do, since I'd like to have an official clarification on this:

A fellow member over at Lustria Online posted a snippet of the GHB2017, regular english version, page 117 the "mounts" paragraph.

We noticed that it talks about artefacts being not available to mount weapons (OK, was the same before), and the same thing also affecting all command abilities. Not command traits. It says abilities.

I assume that is a typo. Reasons for that:
Those pages are about allegiance abilities and traits, none of the texts mentions command abilites except that one, and in turn it is the only one that does not mention command traits.

I almost went into full rage mode because think of what it does to the Waagh and to a Saurus Oldblood's command ability.

But then.....I just looked up the part about mounts in my GHB2017, I have the German version.
And interestingly, that paragraph mentions artefacts (German: Artefakte) and command traits (German: Generalseigenschaften), and NOT command abilities (German: Befehlsfähigkeiten).

So this was either a typo in the English version that was already fixed for the translation (I think so) or an error in the German version which actually makes the rules make more sense on accident.

Fingers crossed for command traits being meant and not command abilities.

I have only the English version availabe and had the same suspicion. It would mean that the legendary fighter command trait could now be given to the mount, that was not possible in the 2016 GHB. In Addition, if you buff a monster without rider with an command ability, it would benefit from it, if you run it with a hero on top, it would not. Does not make too much sense for me. 

On the other hand I also mix up the German translation for command ability and trait, as they sound so similar. So an error here could be likely as well :-/

Yeah to me the the intent clearly was to remove the (it cannot be the mount's weapon if it has one) from all the artefact and command trait texts and replace it by that short paragraph.

Command abilities didn't change. I am sure. But I'd like to see it clarified.

So just read it, it also calls them "magical artefacts" And in books like the Sylvaneth one there are "magical aretfacts" and "arcane treasures." I think they were just using blanket terms, not considering that the terms they were using were in use, the intent seems very clear.

Archived